Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was filling the bird feeder last night and noticed iron sticking out of the ground. I immediately knew what it was.

Our cabin is on the site of a circa-1912 logging camp. The cabin itself is built on the footprint of the blacksmith shop. The blacksmith actually died in a fire that claimed the blacksmith shop. We occasionally find small bits of metal and this is the third horseshoe we’ve unearthed.

I’ll heat this up in the coals on the campfire and straighten it out a bit before I mount it on the cabin somewhere.

E03D556F-7ACF-4905-B3D5-C1EB06B61DC3.jpeg 9C379CA9-8A96-4246-9BA0-8A1C653B91F9.jpeg 7FA188D2-1A2F-4DDC-944E-6E7BF7B6718B.jpeg

I don't space fresh treated limber because it's gonna shrink anyway and leave a gap. If you gap it then after it drys the space is too big.
When I built my deck out of P/T 2X6’s, I used a hi lift jack to squish them tight, till I had liquid dripping out of them. In a year they shrunk enough to drain, and by the time I tore the deck off for an addition, change would fall through.

Just got back in the AC or I'd throw a saw in my helicopter and be right over :lol:. Phone says 90 but it feels worse.
Computer say 97 feels like 105, I'm not going out to check. I have that case of Captain Morgans Parrot Bay to work on.:)

Just got back in the AC or I'd throw a saw in my helicopter and be right over :lol:. Phone says 90 but it feels worse.
I hear you James, just getting ready to head back out myself, it's more a mental task to get motivated as I don't enjoy this heat at all :baba:.
When did you get a helicopter :laugh:. James Heli Logging serving all of PA :rock:.

I was going to say, whenever you want to drop off those Locust Logs, I'll be glad to cut them up.
I tell you I'd rather take a drive out to your place in the AC than to have to cut them up today. I'm leaving them right where they are until it cools off a bit.
Got a call to do some work today that I didn't see(ringer was off :rare2:) and to be honest I'm not disappointed although the extra money would have been nice.
I think I'll just post a generator on CL and make a buck that way. Yep, just went outside to take pictures :baba:.
Okay, thanks Mike for helping me get motivated to list it lol.
https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/for/d/lowell-honda-generator-eu2000i/6938380934.html

Does that have a condensate pump on it, how far will it pump if so?
No clue. I think it only drains by gravity. It gives you a 2’ hose but I bought 4’ from the hardware store to get it out away from the building a bit and give a little more room for movement inside.

I hear you James, just getting ready to head back out myself, it's more a mental task to get motivated as I don't enjoy this heat at all :baba:.
When did you get a helicopter :laugh:. James Heli Logging serving all of PA :rock:.
I know a guy that would fly it. He flew in Vietnam I'm sure a few logs wouldn't bother him. Also gives me access to enough 5.56 and 7.62 to keep a belt fed happy for a long time but that's a story for another day.

I know a guy that would fly it. He flew in Vietnam I'm sure a few logs wouldn't bother him. Also gives me access to enough 5.56 and 7.62 to keep a belt fed happy for a long time but that's a story for another day.

Would love to hear the story. Hoping I can make the PA GTG and have a chance to meet you, Steve, and the rest of the PA crew. I’m sure I could learn a ton from you guys.

I’m active on both forums however it seems like the members who are regulars in the firewood forum are fairly tight knit.

Latest posts

Back