Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to use 1/2 skip chain in 28" and 36", and I liked it. Then I did some testing (timed cuts) and full comp just cuts faster, so that is what I use now.
I also tried and liked full and half skip chain on longer bars, but with some quick testing the full comp was always faster on the saws I normally used them on.

I still use skip on my 42" bar, just too daunting to sharpen and if I need a bar that long it's 99% a yard tree with the requisite metal in it somewhere!

One days worth of work took two days from all this freaking heat[emoji27]
f100c47450eda346a17fb7b1e1dca3a9.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Heat finally broke here and we had a nice day. I broke in the new trailer and loaded it with splits from the fence line and tucked it up next to my deck where I stack for winter. I used to use the truck for this, now I can load and leave it to pick away at when I want to. Also stacked a rack off the pile to sell.
088ac3497c004d977b1993b018b43e14.jpg
4f90665356f8e413fe47b1c2a28ff008.jpg
8b786a718d920b6c85917faa152d324e.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Well I went and looked at a truck...1990 Dodge W250 with a Cummins, from Texas (no rust). Put a deposit down on it, will go get it tomorrow. Should make a decent wood hauler...more details to follow once I drag it home.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Im Super jealous.

I saw a 2WD. First Gen Cummins in good shape. Guy wouldn’t sell.

It could be made into a good 4x4 with som effort. He just lets it sit in his yard to. It runs but he dosnt ever use it.

Disappointing.

Im Super jealous.

I saw a 2WD. First Gen Cummins in good shape. Guy wouldn’t sell.

It could be made into a good 4x4 with som effort. He just lets it sit in his yard to. It runs but he dosnt ever use it.

Disappointing.

Other than this one has high miles on the chassis and looks like it was beat with an ugly stick, the body is almost rust free. The frame and body have less rust than my 2012 Silverado that I oil undercoat every year...

It felt good getting behind the wheel of some older iron...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Other than this one has high miles on the chassis and looks like it was beat with an ugly stick, the body is almost rust free. The frame and body have less rust than my 2012 Silverado that I oil undercoat every year...

It felt good getting behind the wheel of some older iron...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Older is the only way to go with diesel. First time I stopped to fill up the ford I was like :wtf: is DEF. I'm getting 19-20 mpg from the 7.3 hand calculated. After some reading seems those figures are only a pipe dream with the modern trucks.

Sorry guys, but I'm loving my ecoboost F-150! Drove it to Cabela's (East Hartford) today … quite, smooth, and with the cruse set at 70 got 25 MPG for the 72 mile trip in I-84. Even my wife likes riding in it!

Unfortunately on the way home hit temps of 100* and bumper to bumper traffic, so mileage was a little less.

Was off on holiday last week we drove down to Melbourne managed 32mpg with the cruise set to 115 km/hr.
But that is under ideal conditions. Two sets of traffic lights then literally 1000km with no traffic lights, still not bad for a 2 ton car.
Only just caught up with the posts on here, I'll have plenty of time to catch up as I'll be on my back with an ice pack on my nuts for the next two days.
Got my snip 2 hrs ago and so far so good. Had booked it in not realising today was a pupil free schools day meaning the entie family was along in the waiting room.....:surprised3:

Latest posts

Back