Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My widow friends husband left her a Cayenne when he passed. (Also a sweet 67 289 fastback mustang) Her dad passed soon after in a fire (passed out drunk smoking). Then her mom died unexpectedly. She almost joined them the night before her moms funeral she wrapped the Porsche around a light pole and earned a dui for her trouble.

She's hell on wheels but is one of those few people in my life who is always there. One of those friendships you would like take to the next level but wouldn't risk what you have already.

I have no idea except that they are hoping referring to older successful models in the lineup that the nostalgia will draw folks in.
These are all incredible vehicles, why not just let the crowd who is into them buy them and get things going rather than irritating the diehard guys who actually like the cars but are opposed using the names of the previous models in such a way.
I agree. Probably dreamed up by the same marketing gurus that came up with striped socks, the b0stards

My widow friends husband left her a Cayenne when he passed. (Also a sweet 67 289 fastback mustang) Her dad passed soon after in a fire (passed out drunk smoking). Then her mom died unexpectedly. She almost joined them the night before her moms funeral she wrapped the Porsche around a light pole and earned a dui for her trouble.

She's hell on wheels but is one of those few people in my life who is always there. One of those friendships you would like take to the next level but wouldn't risk what you have already.
Wow, quite the ride she's had.

Smart move!

You Sir are wise. For a long time, before her overdose :-(, I had a great friend. We were chalk and cheese but it somehow worked. Trust and loyalty were the glue. She was so much fun to be around, and i always knew she had my back and she knew I had hers (and boy oh boy did i scrape her out of some very dodgy scenarios - ha, i even have a few scars to prove it). Would have been a nightmare GF/partner though. I miss her.

Saturday went smooth as silk. My daughter chose Louis Armstrong's "Its a wonderful world" for the father/ daughter dance. I don't slow dance, and she had a mile long train, I thought it would look silly with us just rocking back and forth for 5 minutes. So, I had the DJ jump from Louis, to "SHOUT", the first time he said "wonderful", and I didn't tell anyone. Had 200 people go from quiet and respectful, to screaming "SHOUT" in one millisecond. The place was rocking so loud for the next to hours, I couldn't talk to any one, so I had to drink beer.View attachment 774008

Your daughter looks very beautiful and happy, Joe. Sounds like it was a great day.

I'm pretty sure no-one has got laid in an e-vehicle. Deal breaker.
This was in my email today.
It's electrifying lol.
Who is the first part of the video for, when I see that type of commercial I usually tell my wife "remind me not to ever by that product" :buttkick: Porsche has lots of those type of commercials :yes:. Then again they aren't targeting me with them, unless I won the lottery, and I've heard your odds of winning go up greatly if you buy a ticket:laughing:.

That was my first car, a black 4 speed … is she selling it???

'67 I got to drive a blue 66 Mustang... despite being chebbie focused in early fords then, I was impressed! owner worked at Boeings, had made an improvement suggestion and got a sweet Bouns! and he put part of it into a new cam for the Mustang. 4-speed, 289. up there on the 99 before the I5 had been built. he treated me to a run thru the gears... then said, wanna drive it? sure!! :D put you back into the seat noticeably... 1st then... 2nd and throttle... pulling... sweet... then into 3rd... and throttle... etc

As I tell Matt and his Dad, "we now have furniture appropriate for a hunting cabin"!!! I should have taken a pic of the Hickory bench with the vice installed, but here it is before it went up to the cabin. (My Nephew and Brother were confounded that I was able to get it from the bed of my pickup, into the cabin, w/o any help!!!).

Attachments

• IMG_20191019_171757884.jpg
    IMG_20191019_171757884.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 25
I have a line on a double leader Paulownia tree that looks to be pretty decently sized. I'm going to help get it on the ground and the wood is mine if I want it.

As firewood, how does this measure up against other woods (woods that are common to the north east US, Oak, Maple, Poplar, etc.)?

Latest posts

Back