Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After I cut ice (or any cutting for that matter) in the winter I put my saws on the floor in my electric sauna and let them dry off. Before I put them away in the garage I will run them briefly with bar oil to make sure the bar gets lubricated again.

What is this?

93fcc79e24187e9a92de0a9f5739736d.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Probably my cousins and their buddies. I am supposed to head up there and stack some fish but I don't think I am going to this week. It's a huge pond, 440 square miles. Lot's of history. The white man can't fish the lower half of the lake as it's controlled by the native americans. Thousands of ice houses out there once it's thick enough to support them.

Proof is in the pudding Matt … it got it done this year … Ruger = 1 shot =1 8pt Buck.

How many shots did you fire at them 2 bucks with your Winchester???

Hear you scared them clean out of the County and can't find em again!

(Thanks for pushing that deer to me, that was nice of you)

Hey, in other years you had the luck, this year it was my turn.

I don't think it is likely I will ever have just one saw again, but for 18 years the 044 was my only saw and cut all the wood to heat my house and cabin … and then some!

If you are only going to have one saw, it is not a bad choice. It came with a 24" bar, but after a while I found I liked it better (most of the time) with a 20".

Longer bars cause unwanted damage in log piles.

Because i have others on my list ahead of that one[emoji6]

After the 3120 gets molested by huskyhi ( did i spell that right) i have to decide if the 6100 is staying stock or going to him too. After that.... i THINK I need a 372 (non strato) because they stopped making them.

I like have things that the EPA doesn’t like[emoji2373]

Then its kinda up in the air on whats next..... so it could be a stihl.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
Well you should probably get a 372xt as well since they won't be making them either, they beat the oe in many categories ;), and it wouldn't hurt to grab a 576 as those won't be made either, probably a 550mk1 as well. That's probably all I'd worry about right now :laugh:.

Had the day off yesterday and ran a tank through the MS201. It ran very nicely cutting up a dead tree in the back yard.
Noodled, sliced and diced using the full 14" of the bar through dry wood up around the harness of Oak (soft by our standards).
Chipper, I thought it was reasonable quiet to me and checked the exhaust .... are you sure this is MMed as I only see one outlet which has a spark arrester behind it.
Do you recall if the existing outlet was opened up or an additional one put in?

Ta
Jeff

upload_2019-12-10_16-32-9.png

Had the day off yesterday and ran a tank through the MS201. It ran very nicely cutting up a dead tree in the back yard.
Noodled, sliced and diced using the full 14" of the bar through dry wood up around the harness of Oak (soft by our standards).
Chipper, I thought it was reasonable quiet to me and checked the exhaust .... are you sure this is MMed as I only see one outlet which has a spark arrester behind it.

Ta
Jeff

View attachment 778963
Glad it's working well for you.
That hole is the MM, it can be opened up more if you'd like. I like to keep some saws quite, it's nice at times.
It's very easy to remove the muffler, just the two holes on the bottom.

Ta
Jeff

View attachment 778963
Geez Jeff you have some nerve posting pics of firewood here. :crazy2::laughing::crazy2::laughing: I worked on and got running the predecssor of your 201 yesterday. 020 AVP.It was raining so i didn't cut with it but maybe today.
P1140108.JPG

Geez Jeff you have some nerve posting pics of firewood here. :crazy2::laughing::crazy2::laughing: I worked on and got running the predecssor of your 201 yesterday. 020 AVP.It was raining so i didn't cut with it but maybe today.
P1140108.JPG
That's a sweet Steve.
Did you cut that round it's on with it :).

Latest posts

Back