Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My doc keeps ragging on me to "quit all that 'wooding". Nope, at my age once you stop doing something you lose the ability to do it again. I'll stop when they are shoveling dirt on me.

turnkey - you are my 'hero'! :numberone:and a fellow Washingtonian to boot. :D

My cousin had (has?) a Triumph Trident. Had a head on with a car. He survived, but lost his spleen, hurt his back, etc and has never been the same. The mangled bike was in his barn forever, but the barn fell down years ago, so I don't know if he kept it or not.

He is only a month younger than me, and was a strong, tough farm boy, but that accident really changed things, no more hunting or building PU trucks (he had 3, including a 390 and a 460). He used to strip them to the frame, build the motors, improve the suspension, etc. I think all 3 have been apart in an out building for decades.

He still cuts wood and heats the farmhouse with it, but only does it a little at a time.

Farmer Steve found a pix from 1924 of his grandmother... young, beautiful... up on a horse. B&W. no snow, but imo... pretty cool! posted it over on the morning coffee thread...

Got a link? I know I have been in there before, but darned if I can find it!

My cousin had (has?) a Triumph Trident. Had a head on with a car. He survived, but lost his spleen, hurt his back, etc and has never been the same. The mangled bike was in his barn forever, but the barn fell down years ago, so I don't know if he kept it or not.

He is only a month younger than me, and was a strong, tough farm boy, but that accident really changed things, no more hunting or building PU trucks (he had 3, including a 390 and a 460). He used to strip them to the frame, build the motors, improve the suspension, etc. I think all 3 have been apart in an out building for decades.

He still cuts wood and heats the farmhouse with it, but only does it a little at a time.

sad story to hear MM! utube is full of m/c rider-vehcile fails. some are beyond reality. destructive to all involved in the worst ways. one showed bikers a group all just doing perfectly well. riding. 4 lane curve in road. lead guy just suddenly goes straight! texting? lol... and the onslaught is unbelievable but for the fact that it is video'd. 2nd guy hits camera car! first is fully gutted before he hits ground and hits pavement like a fully gutted deer. red everywhere at moment of impact. brutal to say the least. have many, many safe miles on bikes... but for the Grace of the man upstairs... couple moments way too close. way too close for comfort. lucky! pure and simple, just lucky!

and to think 200 hp motorcylces are common these days, some avail thru dealers up to 400 hp! 600# machine... and 400 hp under you! omg! :surprised3:

https://gearpatrol.com/2013/08/27/50-most-iconic-motorcycles/

Got a link? I know I have been in there before, but darned if I can find it!
My paternal grandmother. June 2,1924 in North Dakota.
79871983_10214095441411899_7762573154618179584_o.jpg

Plastic bags didn't exist back then and we couldn't afford snow boots.

I wondered about that:

While now ubiquitous, the plastic bag has a relatively short history. Invented in Sweden in 1962, the single-use plastic shopping bag was first popularized by Mobil Oil in the 1970s in an attempt to increase its market for polyethylene. first showing up as shopping bags in 1977

in case you are interested:

https://www.unenvironment.org/news-and-stories/story/birth-ban-history-plastic-shopping-bag

I wondered about that:

While now ubiquitous, the plastic bag has a relatively short history. Invented in Sweden in 1962, the single-use plastic shopping bag was first popularized by Mobil Oil in the 1970s in an attempt to increase its market for polyethylene. first showing up as shopping bags in 1977

in case you are interested:

https://www.unenvironment.org/news-and-stories/story/birth-ban-history-plastic-shopping-bag
Not long after husqvarna started making chainsaws, coincidence I don't think so:laughing:.

Latest posts

Back