Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got started cutting up 2 Oak and 2 Hickory that uprooted during a storm last week. Winter of 21 maybe 22, just happened to be 100’ from an oak pile I’m working on splitting up.
5b0c903662c60fb220565080777d5e42.jpg
aebac586256fe438f742f9529efeef54.jpg

Mistakes were made, I blame it on the cold or the fact I had to swap bars to get the first one out of a pinch.
6298dde37a62f4baf9d8f3de0fb5632f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How does that chain cut when you put it on backwards?

Sadly that was the last car Miles drove.

Does not matter if it is race cars or aircraft, being a test driver of new technology is a dangerous occupation, and the death is often not your fault.

Miles and Shelby both proved they were incredibly skilled drivers. I think they said Shelby won half the races he entered … and it wasn't just the car, he drove for a variety of companies and was often the underdog. And if they didn't steal it from him, Miles would have gone down as the first to with the big three endurance races in the same year.

One of my shop customers asked if I had some spare wood , he wanted it for his camper so that he didn't have to buy bundled wood , told me he had a lectric saw that he bought from Home Despot .
A year goes buy and he asked me to sharpen his chain because the Home Despot chain was dull from the beginning , so a half cord later ,,, I turned the chain around Lol

View attachment 790009 So this will be the new victim of my square filing experiments. The Del saw has been setup to run a 24 so I dont have to swap the 7910 form 24 to 32 while working on the big oak. View attachment 790010 View attachment 790011 The pictures suck but I think these angles will live alot better then my first attempt. Couple of touch ups and I'll have the whole tooth converted. At that point they should look nicer for pictures ;).
Looks great James, should be real smooth.

Around here the "street mudder" phenomenon kind of goes by town. Certain towns have tons and others have nearly none.

The nicest jacked up truck at my son's high school is driven by a girl. It is a nice 1500 Chevy, not gaudy looking at all. LOL
That's how it was here in our town for a while, its a bit rusty now, pink accessories on it, I'd drive it, if it wasn't rusty lol. She rides dirtbikes.
@cantoo you probably heard the bikes climbing the hill on the other side of fallsburg park rd. The gal who lives there drives a sweet mustang, barrel racer(horses), daddy does motorcycle hill climbs, I'm pretty sure I made it 30' up his practice hill lol. Those two girls are quite hard core.

Back