Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got home after 9:00 last night. It was late but I wanted to continue packing the snowmobile trail up to the blowdowns since I ran out of time on Monday night. Was able to get that trail packed down well after 5 or 6 runs and opened up another chunk of trail that had closed up further down. Only got stuck twice doing that so it was a success compared to some days LOL

Saturday I am going to try and get those two trees hauled into the yard. I see there's a white pine down back there as well but those are such low BTU I wouldn't go through the work on that unless I was running out of wood which I am not.

Especially when you need to double bag everything because they have trouble holding a loaf of bread in a single bag!!
That does stink, but the good one do work well.
If everyone would just bring their own bags then we wouldn't have all these issues, dang Americans :innocent:.

Just saying involved . Not a big challenge but I hate tearing down a perfectly good running saw. Just like jumping out of a perfecty good airplane.
I meant are you challenging me to have it/find one lol.
I know what you mean about tearing down a good running saw, I don't like to even remove the muffler for pictures, a piece of carbon could always break loose and then get sucked into the cylinder putting a "nice" smear on the piston :nofunny:.
If you do need a case half I have some here, but they are the surf cases as I'm not pulling apart one of my running 7900/7910's for you :D.

Went down to the Ash Hole this morning. Put a good half cord on my buddy's Ram, and close to a cord on my dump trailer. Parked up hill till I decided which trees and which direction I was going to throw them. Marking sure no flying debris hit either truck. Especially since my F150 had it's 1 year birthday last week. Had the tailgate down gassing the saws. Went over and put 3 trees on the ground, got enough cut up for Mike to start loading, and went to pull my truck over. Pulled up ten feet, turned the wheel, BANG. I forgot to put the tailgate up and it hit the jack on the trailer. Caved in the top of the gate. Oh well, what ya gonna do?20200123_113503.jpg

Went down to the Ash Hole this morning. Put a good half cord on my buddy's Ram, and close to a cord on my dump trailer. Parked up hill till I decided which trees and which direction I was going to throw them. Marking sure no flying debris hit either truck. Especially since my F150 had it's 1 year birthday last week. Had the tailgate down gassing the saws. Went over and put 3 trees on the ground, got enough cut up for Mike to start loading, and went to pull my truck over. Pulled up ten feet, turned the wheel, BANG. I forgot to put the tailgate up and it hit the jack on the trailer. Caved in the top of the gate. Oh well, what ya gonna do?View attachment 791220

Look on hte good side. You have put the first ding in it so you can quit worrying about it. YOu have also officially christianed as a work truck.

Went down to the Ash Hole this morning. Put a good half cord on my buddy's Ram, and close to a cord on my dump trailer. Parked up hill till I decided which trees and which direction I was going to throw them. Marking sure no flying debris hit either truck. Especially since my F150 had it's 1 year birthday last week. Had the tailgate down gassing the saws. Went over and put 3 trees on the ground, got enough cut up for Mike to start loading, and went to pull my truck over. Pulled up ten feet, turned the wheel, BANG. I forgot to put the tailgate up and it hit the jack on the trailer. Caved in the top of the gate. Oh well, what ya gonna do?View attachment 791220
Got one of them too Joe .:dumb2: You only do it once.

I meant are you challenging me to have it/find one lol.
I know what you mean about tearing down a good running saw, I don't like to even remove the muffler for pictures, a piece of carbon could always break loose and then get sucked into the cylinder putting a "nice" smear on the piston :nofunny:.
If you do need a case half I have some here, but they are the surf cases as I'm not pulling apart one of my running 7900/7910's for you :D.

I survived the 70's with no chain brake I'll just let it ride

Yikes, what happened there?

Forgot to move the saw . Small tree took out the brake. Bent the handle a little. But it still cuts great

That does stink, but the good one do work well.
If everyone would just bring their own bags then we wouldn't have all these issues, dang Americans :innocent:.

All plastic bags are outlawed here and the hit you for a nickel for a paper bag but we have been using our own reusable bags for several years anyway

20200123_142653.jpg 20200123_142656.jpg 20200123_142746.jpg Also the owner wants this one taken down . The leaner it looks like it will get hung up on the other tree . I've done worse trees but with all the wood that's down and the dead standing ash I may tell him to leave it to nature. No danger of it hitting any structures.

Attachments

• 20200123_142653.jpg
    20200123_142653.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 10
So I have cut a few of these trees but always in the dead of winter. Never knew what they were. Still not 100% sure but I had a clue recently. I was at a Vikings play off party (yeah they were out classed) when my aunt asked if I ever get out in the woods. I said I had and that some of the roads are more or less open again. She had said dad and her had went for a walk out there a few years back but it was over grown. Barely passable.

Then she asks if I know if the pear trees still grow there? Then passed on some memories of how beutiful the flowers are and how wonderful they smell.

Fast forward to today bringing firewood in for the night. I grabbed these and concluded it must be the pear trees she had asked about! I have cut just a few out of the roadways and trails into cut firewood. Never could figure out what they were. No thorns, 15-18' tall, hardwood but not apple.

Got to be Pear! Yes/No?

img20200123_172603.jpg

img20200123_173347.jpg

Sounds familiar. But i backed into a tree[emoji23][emoji23].

Bought an OEM tailgate primed and then had the ENTIRE thing sprayed with rhino liner. like it was dipped in it. Now no worries about scratches.

Back