Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes I’m amazed I’m alive let alone able to walk with some of the dumb stuff I’ve done on quads, dirt bikes and sleds. Never is a LONG time Steve

I bought my street bike from a guy who couldn’t ride because he crashed his quad into the ditch in front of his house and broke his collarbone. I thought “oh man, what an idiot.” Then proceeded to crash said motorcycle twice in the next year. So Yeah...none of us are above such moments of “ill-conceived confidence”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would never run drive in thick woods with a saw like that!
Just the ones lol.
Sometimes I’m amazed I’m alive let alone able to walk with some of the dumb stuff I’ve done on quads, dirt bikes and sleds. Never is a LONG time Steve
I'm with you man:cheers:, but I've only rd a sled a few times back in the day.
I bought my street bike from a guy who couldn’t ride because he crashed his quad into the ditch in front of his house and broke his collarbone. I thought “oh man, what an idiot.” Then proceeded to crash said motorcycle twice in the next year. So Yeah...none of us are above such moments of “ill-conceived confidence”

Two types of riders, those who've been down, and those who are going down :surprised3:.
I rode dirtbikes for yrs, when I got a rd bike I didn't know you weren't supposed to push it to the edge :sucks:.

Got some wood split today, only had about 30 min from walking out the door til getting back into the house.
Two decent sized wheelbarrow loads split and then stacked for next winter. This stuff was wet as can be on the outside, never seen as much condensation under my tarps before, glad the tarp blew off my newest round pile or they would look the same :eek:. The good thing is it's all black locust now and it's not going to rot, go locust :rock:.
When I started.
Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 8.49.28 PM.png
Second load.
Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 8.49.53 PM.png

2403c74e7611ae9796fada53412e6696.jpg

Here’s a nice one for all you ocd species separators [emoji23]. Probably 6 types of wood in the Stack on my porch right now [emoji12]. Red oak white oak ash elm Osage dog wood

Oh wait I forgot that one log of cherry

How did I miss this thread?

Here’s my little stack. We heat 100% with wood. This is mostly white ash, with some sugar maple, black walnut, and wild cherry.

Each “stack” is approx 3/4 of a cord, with four stacks per bay. This is the first time we’ve filled it (tis only our 3rd winter here).

How did I miss this thread?

Here’s my little stack. We heat 100% with wood. This is mostly white ash, with some sugar maple, black walnut, and wild cherry.

Each “stack” is approx 3/4 of a cord, with four stacks per bay. This is the first time we’ve filled it (tis only our 3rd winter here).

Looks real good.
Welcome to the scrounge thread.
Where are you in NW Ohio, the in-laws are in West Unity.
Brett

After a few evenings of scrubbing and scraping, I finally got the 036 cleaned up. It's in great shape as I'd hoped. Swapped the newer bar from the 038 onto it (had an old Windsor bar before) and it's ready to cut trees. Just needs a chain sharpening. Will clean up the 038 this week hopefully. Before/After pics are below:
IMG_1700.jpg
IMG_0446.jpg

I'm scrounging fish at sunrise tomorrow (worked most of this holiday Monday to take tomorrow morning off sans lunatic boaties and nutters). I'll catch a few Oz Salmon just for Cowboy, but throw 'em back as I'm on a mission to test some new tackle on snapper. Trouble is it's a solid hour paddle to where i hope they'll be. I really should install my FF - it's been in the box on the shelf in the shed for about a year now. One day...

After a few evenings of scrubbing and scraping, I finally got the 036 cleaned up. It's in great shape as I'd hoped. Swapped the newer bar from the 038 onto it (had an old Windsor bar before) and it's ready to cut trees. Just needs a chain sharpening. Will clean up the 038 this week hopefully. Before/After pics are below:
View attachment 792357
View attachment 792358
Looking good Levi. Cleaned up real nice. I have a soft spot for the 036. I had 3 but traded 1 when I bought the 462.
20160226_141035.jpg

View attachment 792357
View attachment 792358
Looks like a brand new saw!

nice work

thanks panolo. I might message and ask for better photo.

yes I have thought of timeserts, although since its already been helicoiled I'm not sure if there is enough material to timecert it now

They don't need much. I don't know how many oil plugs I repaired on aluminum cases where the plugs literally fell out due to the threads being pulled. They are not cheap but it's the best option I ever found besides replacement.

15 sold? Crazy.
Even NZ is cheaper than that!

*edit* LOL - I only just realised it's 5-packs. NZ is slightly cheaper...if it was just one chain. HAHA, so I guess that means we are almost 5x dearer.
Whoops lol.

I don't see them cheaper here anywhere for 84dl.

Latest posts

Back