Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@muad, I have a pair of Jonsered chaps, they were $80 and I got them from Bob up in Ashokan

like it was explained to me, $80 is like the price of my insurance deductible without all the pain and loss of blood. They’re well worth the money

Yeah. I’m sold of them. Just trying to see which ones. Looking hard at the Lanoville, Husky Technical, and Stihl ProMax.

That's awesome, great saws, glad your liking it.
You may not want to return to stihls now after enjoying the handling of that husky :).

Ha! Can’t a man love both??

I think I like the handlebar design on the Huskies better than the Stihls. Seems more comfortable.

But, I still thing the Stihl is a better looking saw. Yeah, form matters, as does function ;)

Believe it or not I actually scrounged some firewood this weekend. I know, right.
Doesn't get much more local than this. Power co clearing around their lines up to the boundary and neighbour can't handle the bigger stuff. Note the small rounds in that pile are from a collateral damage tree on our place.
View attachment 798752

Some in here may note we don't have a fireplace. That don't confront me, as long as I get my boat trips (recall, the deal is two per cubic meter) on mates' boat (probably not by next Friday), I'm happy. I figure with the 1.5m3 that was delivered with the table last weekend, and the rest still to go, I've got about 8 trips locked in.

Nice scrounge.

With your choice of words, for a second there I thought I wad listening to a George Thorogood song.

Save pennies and go to Bunyan in the fall.
A lot of small equipment booths run substantial show sales.

I'm down sick again.
Settled in the lungs again, plus long term COPD to begin with.
Really sucks.
In line with chaps and safety I think cutting wood and being outside, active in retirement, has been very helpful.
Enjoying your banter and humor certainly is... greatly appreciated.
I'm adding shorts and steel toed flip flops to my firewood kit.

Ha! Can’t a man love both??

I think I like the handlebar design on the Huskies better than the Stihls. Seems more comfortable.

But, I still thing the Stihl is a better looking saw. Yeah, form matters, as does function ;)
Absolutely, but that doesnt make it right lol.
It's certainly all about banter, I enjoy slamming those who say that one specific brand is the only way, while posting pictures of the saws of that brand that I own :laugh:.
It great that huskys are more orange and orange is my favorite color :clap:.

A lot of small equipment booths run substantial show sales.

I'm down sick again.
Settled in the lungs again, plus long term COPD to begin with.
Really sucks.
In line with chaps and safety I think cutting wood and being outside, active in retirement, has been very helpful.
Enjoying your banter and humor certainly is... greatly appreciated.
I'm adding shorts and steel toed flip flops to my firewood kit.
Prayers for your health brother.

Steel toed flip flops!! LMBO!!

It's certainly all about banter, I enjoy slamming those who say that one specific brand is the only way, while posting pictures of the saws of that brand that I own :laugh:.

I try not to be one of “those guys”, unless we’re talking about vehicles. Then, it’s Ford is better than all!

Paul Bunyan Show.
On larger equipment, not sure about discounts.
But Eastonmade's equipment was sold prior to the show and picked up there the last day, saving folks expensive freight charges or crossing the boarder to purchase.
Plus, it's a big show and just fun to go.
They have camping on site with electric hook ups.
There may be an area with full hook ups, not sure.

Paul Bunyan Show.
On larger equipment, not sure about discounts.
But Eastonmade's equipment was sold prior to the show and picked up there the last day, saving folks expensive freight charges or crossing the boarder to purchase.
Plus, it's a big show and just fun to go.
They have camping on site with electric hook ups.
There may be an area with full hook ups, not sure.
Hot dog! That’s in Ohio.

Looks like about 118 miles from me. Might be something to plan for.

Hoping for a call about the status of my truck in the next few hours.

Guys, I’m dying. I’m a guy who needs to keep busy and I haven’t done any physical work since Friday. I told my aunt if she wanted to buy a chainsaw I’d start cutting her dead trees but she wasn’t interested.
Opposite here. I over did it for a couple weeks. Now I can't seem to jumpstart my arse to get anything done. Have wood work and windows left to do in the guest bedroom. Hopefully I'll finish up before those 40's they keep teasing about materialise. At any rate I'll be glad when I can put the furniture back. Its kinda taken over my living room!

I guess if we didn't bust each other's balls we could always talk oil mix ratios.:crazy2:

Plus their orange is the most appealing color of orange amongst orange saws.

Hoping for a call about the status of my truck in the next few hours.

Guys, I’m dying. I’m a guy who needs to keep busy and I haven’t done any physical work since Friday. I told my aunt if she wanted to buy a chainsaw I’d start cutting her dead trees but she wasn’t interested.
Here hope this helps with the withdrawal symptoms.;)20200217_124442.jpg 20200217_125645.jpg

I try not to be one of “those guys”, unless we’re talking about vehicles. Then, it’s Ford is better than all!
Unfortunately I don't have a Ford right now, but I'll go with it anyway, Ford sucks :laughing:.
I did see an excursion I was drooling over today, but it was on a flatbed wrecker :laugh:.

Latest posts

Back