Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looked like you owned it in the first photo!

Philbert
Actually I do, and so do you ;)
Dead end road, not much traffic. Never saw another vehicle today or last weekend and we were there most of the day. Did have to drive through some snow to get in there though:)

I took a load of fir/cedar mix to a club member’s house for our annual firewood fundraiser, I was so hot tired and dirty that I kept forgetting to get pictures. I probably drank two gallons of water per day the last few days.
Glad you had fun. How hot did it get up there we had 108 yesterday and 109 on Wednesday:blob2: It was miserable irrigating the silage corn with the humidity and no breeze.

For those of you not familiar with the area. some of the stuff you are seeing on TV is 1 mile from our house. These locations have nothing to do with the incident. Gas stations, pharmacies, stores selling higher value items, etc.

Philbert
I rolled through your neighborhood this afternoon on my way home from a trip to the great white north. Couple times the traffic got heavy and slowed down to a crawl on 694, and I said, Ohhhhhh ****, this can't possibly be good.

I wonder if Ford still offers the "heavy half" F150s. I believe they have heavier leafs in the rear to haul more. All hearsay, but my buddy whom is a straight shooter told me that's what his 05 F-150 is. That, of you could upgrade the springs. I did that in my 79 when the original ones broke.

I hauled a LOT of wood with that truck, and heavy loads too.
I don’t think they have a model “Heavy Half” like they used to. But, the half tons very with every option. Mine has the 2.7 twin turbo and my max towable weight is 76 or 7800 pounds. The 3.5 goes up to 13,000 pounds. A two door, full 4 door, and the little half jump door, optioned out identical, all have different GVW’s.

Went out this morning and grabbed the rest of the red fir from last weekend View attachment 831818
Pretty nice stuff View attachment 831819View attachment 831820
82 today, glad I was done by 10.

Saw nice sunset last night while riding the scrounge locating toolView attachment 831821View attachment 831817
Beautiful out there. And SNOW. I forked up big time today. I got up at 530, it was hot already. My weather app said cloudy and rain all day, even though the chance was only 25-35 %. Fed the dog at 7 and went down buy the wood pile. Started a big brush pile on fire, and started picking up dead Oak limbs, tossing them on the pile. Had a pile of noodled blocks to split, so fired up the splitter. Planted a bush for my wife. All the time waiting for the blazing sun to become over cast. Finally about ten I call my one lawn customer that has a set schedule. I asked if I could come tomorrow, it was supposed to be cooler and sunny all day. NO, your supposed to be here today! So,I put my fire out, loaded up the mowers and headed out. On the way down the John Deere dealer called and told me the parts for my JD X540 were in. Just an FYI, if your JD starts sliding down hill toward your brand new F150’s bumper, the bumper will stop it, and only sustain a small dent. The$800 dollar JD hood will disintegrate. Anyway, I got all three lawns on that street mowed. My PIA customer was happy. One of those lawns only takes about 20 minutes, and is a friend. I only charge them 35 bucks, and she gave me 140 cash for the month. That made me happy. Her husband was one of my teachers in high school. He’s been very sick, was given last rights. Then he fell and crushed a hip. They told him he would never walk again. That just pizzed him off. He started walking anyway. Then about three weeks ago he started coughing one day, that night he had a low grade fever, the next day he had a 104* fever and tested positive for Covid. The next day he felt fine. He’s so mean he kicked the sheet out of Covid. So, on the way home I picked up my new hood and parts. It’s 27 HP water cooled Kawasaki, so it has duct work in the hood. Got home at 4, took a break till 5, got the hood put back together and mounted by 7. Working on my seconded 7.5% 75 minute IPA. I could give a rats azz about all the things that went wrong. As the Lord said, “this is the day I made, go forth and rejoice in it”. Today turned into a good day, and I’m looking forward to tomorrow.

Actually I do, and so do you ;)
Dead end road, not much traffic. Never saw another vehicle today or last weekend and we were there most of the day. Did have to drive through some snow to get in there though:)

I’ve worked on NF roads like that. Work right in the road, and nobody comes by. Usually. When one of my son’s was little there was a tomato plant at the end of the road. I told him a logger must have had tomato on his sandwich and some seeds dropped, then a tomato plant grew. He’s 21 now and still remembers that, he questioned me telling him that‘s how the plant got there. I asked him how he thought it got there, he thought about it, and no answer.

That’s crazy. The front engine dragster I post when we get on the subject of our old cars, had a 112” wheel base.

This loader could totally pick up cars. There‘s one in Canada at a wrecking yard, with forks (on YouTube). Same model. It’s rated to lift 26,800 lbs to a 2 foot bucket pin height. I think the lift capacity tapers off after that.

Glad you had fun. How hot did it get up there we had 108 yesterday and 109 on Wednesday:blob2:

I don’t monitor the temperature, I know it’s about 17 degrees cooler there than the valley during the day. The difference is bigger at night. So if that’s right, yesterday would have been 92, 91 Wednesday.

Back