Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would imagine it was the post about the investigative reporter & illegals that got someone’s hackles up. It was probably deemed too political & offensive. BUT I don’t know & that’s just a guess
Well jeez he’s been a good contributor around here for a long time. Hate to see someone leave over something like that.

Well, because of all the talk about measuring, I checked a bunch of pieces I recently cut for firewood. One was 19" (20" fits in most stoves) and all the rest were from 16" to 18".

Good enough for the firewood I sell, I'm not wasting my time measuring each piece. I mean, after all, we burn the darn stuff!

Got a smaller load today, and I didn’t cut any of it today. I took it to a friends mountain store for out back campfire wood.
6E3C76FC-7FF2-4B99-AC1D-B7EEB769E201.jpeg

The reason I was slacking on the firewood today is I stripped the bark off of this oak, I’m going to have it milled. There’s a 2nd one I need to do too.
185A766F-2CC7-4D36-ABD7-BD7BCFA57D5F.jpeg

These things were under the bark, probably a few dozen of them.
E7C767BB-3301-4996-BE93-E96044C807E0.jpeg

Tried to find in account settings where to delete my membership. Can't find it so as this was the thread that sparked up the hall monitors to delete my post they should take extra pride in telling the site admin I want to drop my membership as I can't find the button to do so myself. To the good buggers on here, cheers. To the rest, kiss my ass.
Hoping ya stick around Kiwi. If that person doesn't like your posts they can always use the ignore button. On a lighter note (and i should have taken a pic) I saw a back to school display at Wal-mart yesterday, pens,pencils,crayons,etc. for the kiddos. Made in where else? NEW ZEALAND!!!!:surprised3:

On a serious note, we also lost Dahmer due to an unknown problem a while back too.

I personally enjoy every single one of you guys who post in this thread. If someone is causing you problems ANYWHERE on this site, let me know. I haven’t been a moderator for several years so I don’t have access to the levers and buttons but I’ll make sure those will do are alerted that you are having issues with someone.

We're currently getting the worst storm of the summer here in Western Iowa. We've already had 1 semi rollover and powerlines sparking.
Edit: the tree guy I was supposed to be helping said that just north of us a town has trees on trucks and powerlines down.

I cut into the new willow scrounge. At start faced a solid screen of green willow branches. One false start and I cut in far enough to see it would not work for a truck entry - big pile of dirt from ditch cleaning. Moved down 20 ft and found a spot. 2.5 hours later I had an entry cleared 3 truck lengths long and a huge pile of brush. Ready to fall a huge tree but it is multi stem and will come down a stem at a time, estimate a 2 cord at a minimum tree. It may be the only one I can get. From what little I can see in there it is all cut up with holes and piles of dirt,

It'll be fun just cutting brush if nothing else.

I had someone call me saying they had a large maple down from the TS. They had it all cut up but I no longer have a truck so I can't pick it up, they brought it over in a trailer for me. They don't burn wood and nobody else wanted it.
The picture below is a strange mushroom growing on some fresh oak. Never saw one like thisIMG_20200805_124444546.jpg

Does anyone have an email address for him? Or know if he’s on Facebook?

I guess the good thing is, there is no way to voluntarily delete your account here. Maybe after a time he’ll reconsider.
No but hopefully he'll get an email to notify he has a message in his inbox, and that he had been poked in this thread... And hopefully that will tempt him in when he is feeling less tender.

I'm thinking I'm in danger of being ejected from the club again. I've turned down 2 offers of wood from one of my tree guys, including a load of cherry (although there must be all sorts of cherry and stuff I've had in the past is middling). The reason, I've only space for about another cord, having got about 7.5 stacked, and may neighbour is removing 2 oaks that are only feet from my stacks. They will complete my hoard, so I'm saving room

Latest posts

Back