Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you say “over tongue weight”.... good lord that looks like 2,000 on the ball.....[emoji1787]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
As my brother in law would say, “optical cunfusion”. I haven’t leveled the trailer yet. The old trailer I had to have several different draw bars with different drops on them for different trucks. This one can be leveled at the hitch. The draw bar on the truck has a 4 inch drop. I need to put a 2 5/16 on a straight bar and it will level it out. The truck isn’t squated at all, that’s just how low that 4 inch drop bar makes it look.

A lot across the road from my property was recently cleared for a house building project. The logging company completed all the tree cutting, and the good log removal in a single day.

IMG_8269.jpg

One of my other neighbors who operates a firewood business was there onsite with coffee and donuts within an hour, and laid claim to all the unwanted logs and wood. His prompt attention, and perhaps even more glad handing got him an assist from the next contractor, the excavator operator who was there to remove the stumps, to load his BriMar four times.

IMG_8281.jpg

He had driven his new Kubota to the site for the loading, but never used it. I am lucky, I don't need to scrounge, but if I did, I'd need a better game plan to beat this guy.

Hey fellas! Hope you are all doing well. Been a few months since I checked in. Craziest year I've ever had. Once the state got shut down from rona I had a week off than all hell broke loose. Think last week was the first one I didn't work at least 75 hours. Did manage to get my 10 cords in the greenhouse to dry though so I am all set for the season. Very little saw time. Ain't even got my 572 broke in yet or the west coast kit on it.

Is there a difference between ’deleted’, ‘banned’, ‘suspended’, etc.?

Philbert
Deleted means permanently banned. Usually involuntary but in the instance that someone wants to be removed they’ll occasionally do that was well.

Suspended aka camping means someone received a temporary ban. I don’t know why but they usually don’t send people to ban camp any more...they either ban them permanently or in some cases let some of the miserable, whiney SOBs drag around forever and continue to harass people.

And then sometimes they unban people after they plead real nice like to the owners. There’s no rhyme or reason. They let thomas1 back in and he was a complete ******* who ended up being permabanned. OTOH they wouldn’t let Jason (usmc615) back in.

Howdy scroungers. Been a while since I stopped in. The cooler weather mean firewood season! Got most of the saws out and fired them up. Sounded like a symphony if ya ask me! Although my shed it full, I'm getting some around for others.

Took the Binford 254XS out. This was it's first real workout, and man does she impress! Totally blown away at how this saw ate hard dry white ash today.

The boy helped out, and was learning how to run the saw (241). Not a ton of wood harvested today, but every piece counts. Guessing between 1/2-2/3 of a cord once stacked. Not bad for a single little ash.

View attachment IMG_6429.MOVFBFEDCBB-0834-4DC3-A5E6-B28419050F5F.jpegB6BCF439-5CA2-4F03-9191-97E8D27AB368.jpeg0406F707-7AD7-4615-B2B5-0162196CD178.jpeg

Back