Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I absolutely love this stove and burning ash, oak and black locust. This is 13 hours after i filled it last night. Woke up this morning and this is the amount of coals that were left that I pulled to the front of the stove. The house temperature is climbing again just from this.

d7f6f2b2e5adeba0c54904e840c289b0.jpg

Got two more truckloads of oak and a little bit of cherry last weekend but forgot to get pictures. Had Lots of fun running the newly ported Smurf 7901 (thanks Kevin) and she did very well! Im impressed. I can see why Brett like the 79## saws so much. This is the first makita iv really ran a few tanks through. The ergonomics are a bit different but nothing goofy.

Think i have enough wood for 4 years now (including this winters stacks) and a LOT of splitting to do. I may consider selling some oak to switch out for some really nice dead ash in my woods.....just because i dont want to stop cutting wood[emoji1787].

Only pictures i have of it right now.
69992c2515cc36b65dee818b7f617b81.jpg

4622dbb48ba4cabe94e9c6008751469c.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
I am sure that thing rips.

I was supposed to be "in line" for Kevin to do a saw for me in October but never heard from him. Not sure if he forgot or is behind on his work.

Man I absolutely love this stove and burning ash, oak and black locust. This is 13 hours after i filled it last night. Woke up this morning and this is the amount of coals that were left that I pulled to the front of the stove. The house temperature is climbing again just from this.

d7f6f2b2e5adeba0c54904e840c289b0.jpg

Got two more truckloads of oak and a little bit of cherry last weekend but forgot to get pictures. Had Lots of fun running the newly ported Smurf 7901 (thanks Kevin) and she did very well! Im impressed. I can see why Brett like the 79## saws so much. This is the first makita iv really ran a few tanks through. The ergonomics are a bit different but nothing goofy.

Think i have enough wood for 4 years now (including this winters stacks) and a LOT of splitting to do. I may consider selling some oak to switch out for some really nice dead ash in my woods.....just because i dont want to stop cutting wood[emoji1787].

Only pictures i have of it right now.
69992c2515cc36b65dee818b7f617b81.jpg

4622dbb48ba4cabe94e9c6008751469c.jpg

Your getting some great burn times, I don't normally get that long out of my PE, I have the medium size firebox, what size is yours. I think they only have three sizes and they use them for all their models.

The 7900/7910 series are great saws, I almost bought another ported one last night, not sure why lol.

Your getting some great burn times, I don't normally get that long out of my PE, I have the medium size firebox, what size is yours. I think they only have three sizes and they use them for all their models.

The 7900/7910 series are great saws, I almost bought another ported one last night, not sure why lol.

another 79## [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. I remember you stash.

I think my firebox is 3 cubic feet.

I hear you. I almost bought another 372 yesterday.

another 79## [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. I remember you stash.

LOL, but yes, just one more.
I think that's the large one.

Cheers men, hope all is well. Got a new temporary scrounge spot. My school mate, that I just got reconnected with, got me this new job a few months ago. We work in different trades, but for the same company. He stopped by where I was working and asked if I would be interested in some wood. I said heck yeah, what you got? He said wood, and more trees are coming down, I building a shop all the wood is yours if you take it all. I said see you tomorrow after work! (Which was today)
20201201_170118.jpg
Didnt think of taking a pic wile I was over there. Got the ole f250 sagging a bit. Hes got piles cut to length every where and a bunch I need to buck up. All needs gone before spring. Best part is i dont have to take any of the trees down or deal with the top wood beyond dragging it back deeper into his woods. Super stoked, bunch of oak, some beach, think 2 birch trees, and a hickory. Be breaking out the 390xp for a few of the oak. The 562xp was on point this afternoon. Love how that saw work.

I wish I had done just a little more research. I did actually want the bigger stove but the cost was a bit more and the guy said I needed the 8” pipe. My firebox is 2.3 and the bigger version was 3.2 I think. I get 8 or 9 hours tops.

I wish I had done just a little more research. I did actually want the bigger stove but the cost was a bit more and the guy said I needed the 8” pipe. My firebox is 2.3 and the bigger version was 3.2 I think. I get 8 or 9 hours tops.

Yah.

It really hurt paying the price but it is now paying back. I figured out what would be “best” and went one size bigger.

Now we are planning a little stove in the bedroom [emoji1787]

Cheers men, hope all is well. Got a new temporary scrounge spot. My school mate, that I just got reconnected with, got me this new job a few months ago. We work in different trades, but for the same company. He stopped by where I was working and asked if I would be interested in some wood. I said heck yeah, what you got? He said wood, and more trees are coming down, I building a shop all the wood is yours if you take it all. I said see you tomorrow after work! (Which was today)
View attachment 871369
Didnt think of taking a pic wile I was over there. Got the ole f250 sagging a bit. Hes got piles cut to length every where and a bunch I need to buck up. All needs gone before spring. Best part is i dont have to take any of the trees down or deal with the top wood beyond dragging it back deeper into his woods. Super stoked, bunch of oak, some beach, think 2 birch trees, and a hickory. Be breaking out the 390xp for a few of the oak. The 562xp was on point this afternoon. Love how that saw work.

Score!!! Nice scrounge. Need moar pics of that Ford ;)

Back