Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Driving fuel truck.
Jeez you are already a logger then.....Funny story, one of the guys who used to be active in F&L drove water truck and passed himself off as a timber faller to this group. I guess he didn’t figure that someone else on the forum might know someone who knew him.

Seriously though, best of luck with the new employment.

Jeez you are already a logger then.....Funny story, one of the guys who used to be active in F&L drove water truck and passed himself off as a timber faller to this group. I guess he didn’t figure that someone else on the forum might know someone who knew him.

Seriously though, best of luck with the new employment.
Thanks Steve, I was a timber faller for 10 years, then started driving fuel truck for the benefits and being home more, and doing residential tree work and timber falling on the side when I could. Been wanting to go back to logging full time ever sense, it’s a way of life I really enjoy.

Hey folks, any idea what I should ask for this on Craigslist?

View attachment 881546
View attachment 881545
Nice looking machine. Are you listing it now? I don't know you're area, but around here the only offers you'd get on a walk behind tiller would be down right insulting. If it was mine, and everything was in tip-top shape, I'd wait until May when folks are starting to think about playing in the garden and ask for $300. Never see walk behind Ariens here, but the small Wheel horses usually hit the market around $400 and the MTD stuff is usually around $200.

Nice looking machine. Are you listing it now? I don't know you're area, but around here the only offers you'd get on a walk behind tiller would be down right insulting. If it was mine, and everything was in tip-top shape, I'd wait until May when folks are starting to think about playing in the garden and ask for $300. Never see walk behind Ariens here, but the small Wheel horses usually hit the market around $400 and the MTD stuff is usually around $200.
Cool, thanks. Yeah I'll wait until spring to list it, just trying to get an idea of what to ask for it. Appreciate the reply.

I love Oak

I have these two at 12 feet long, felling cut was 30 inches by 35 inches (oval). Not sure how I’m gonna get them milled. There’s a guy 4 miles away that said he’d do it, but he hasn’t made himself available.

D018BA51-B161-43F2-BEC7-BABA84DC735D.jpeg
832EAF95-BA7D-4489-9A9E-2B8A156EBD1E.jpeg
1B8AB7B3-8117-4A83-AEEC-70D06385927D.jpeg

This is his sawmill.

”Real big” is relative. I would also say that’s not real big, but some areas it would be (Or to some people).
For an ash in our area it was bigger than most. I had only taken the 261 with an 18" and ended up having to cut some from both sides. Most of the stuff I've gotten from this guy is usually 16-18" stuff. Seems like stuff is bigger now that i"m older. :crazy2:

My wife literally just drove by this today lol.
Maybe I need to call on it tomorrow :laugh:.
My wife just drove by this they said I could have it but needs it gone tonight and the cut up stuff is spoken for

Attachments

• 25C05FEA-4C6A-465B-92BA-9315429DA783.jpeg
    25C05FEA-4C6A-465B-92BA-9315429DA783.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
Well got to the pile from the neighbor, from this weekend. Really liking my isocore maul. The cub didnt care for how big the cart turned out to be, guess I'll have to get the yanmar out.
20210111_160646.jpg

Stopping by my mates tomorrow for another pickup load as well. Wife promised I dont have to pick the kids up, so full load this time.
The pile keeps getting bigger and bigger, I think the wood shed is going to need a revamp this summer, and may be an expansion. Good problems to have for sure.

Thanks for sharing about the plumbing Steve, I know nothing about that stuff, as when I did this place is was all copper and solder!

I guess now at least I know something to look out for, you always just hear how easy it is to use!
Pex and Sharkbite fittings are so nice Mike. So easy and quick to put plumbing together. And the better Sharkbite fittings can be disconnected if necessary.

I have these two at 12 feet long, felling cut was 30 inches by 35 inches (oval). Not sure how I’m gonna get them milled. There’s a guy 4 miles away that said he’d do it, but he hasn’t made himself available.
Sounds like the perfect reason to buy an Alaskan Mill for yourself.

Well I got the plumbing project wrapped up tonight, knock on wood. Had one single drop come out of the pex fitting but I wiggled it a bit and that was it. Little guy has hot water again out there. I’ll probably take a sauna tomorrow morning. Have a 3 hour webex/zoom thing so I’ll take it from home.

Back