Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make sure you pick up all those stragglers that bounce out off the bucket. My father-in-law sucked up one of those stragglers in his snowblower last week. As invincible as dad thinks it is, his little bx-series Kubota was no match for a frozen chunk of sugar maple.
I do right away, if not the next time you come thru you hit them again and dump your load :dumb:.
Making a little dent in the pile, just like eating an elephant :sweet::lol:.
Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 1.12.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-05 at 1.12.37 PM.png

Another busy day. Basketball followed by lions pickup followed by getting my first dose of vaccine. Then spent a couple hours getting my old truck ready for my father in law. Traded him for an older 16’ boat and trailer. On paper he’s getting the better end of the deal but I’m getting something I want and also I don’t need to sell the truck and deal with tire kickers. I kept my new deep lug tires on aluminum wheels and gave him a set of functional tires on steel wheels. So as long as the truck makes the hour trek down to his place the deal is done.
CAD50AD2-15CE-42C5-B78F-3BEAE72B4A58.jpeg

Another busy day. Basketball followed by lions pickup followed by getting my first dose of vaccine. Then spent a couple hours getting my old truck ready for my father in law. Traded him for an older 16’ boat and trailer. On paper he’s getting the better end of the deal but I’m getting something I want and also I don’t need to sell the truck and deal with tire kickers. I kept my new deep lug tires on aluminum wheels and gave him a set of functional tires on steel wheels. So as long as the truck makes the hour trek down to his place the deal is done.
View attachment 893578
Let me guess, you were spending to much on the kids shoes :lol: .
Have I ever said I hate rust :sucks:.
Look forward to seeing the boat. Good thing you been getting your gear in order :).

Good luck with the surgery and the patience to work through the PT. Hope all goes well and you are back at this as soon as you are able.

Thanks. All went well after the first day. Woke up from surgery Thursday about noon. Rest of day I had pain bad in LEFT leg (surgery was for pain in Right leg). Lasted all day I was planning on just how I was going to pay for a say in the Rehab clinnic at $7000,00 a month. Hard time getting anysleep that night but woke up Thursday and no pain anyplace. Odd after effect is I had been favoring that Right leg so much I now can't seem to walk normally...yet. :)

Had a good day yesterday, wife worked a double shift, so I had to sit in the kids all day. Got my material for the roof figured out and a made a few calls and got some pricing for roof tin. Not as bad as I was expecting. All told I'll be under $4k. Hoping the yard drys out enough I can finish splitting the one pile

Well at least all my split wood pictures are up still, it's good to have proof I did something the last week :lol: .
I've managed to get another cord or so split, plan on getting after it today in a bit, supposed to get up to 66 here today :havingarest:, I'll be wearing a t-shirt and flip-flops later lol.

Back