Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve, it is Spring time. Eagles do court in the air. Are you sure they are fighting?
Eagles breed in November/December Joe. I thought about mating but they were hellbent on kicking his young ass. Back in the 80's I lived along the Susquehanna river. There was a 1,000 acre island right next to me.. 2/3's of it was open to hunting and the other 1/3 was propagation area. The built hacking stations and brought baby eaglelets from Canada to raise. I used to go out and watch them hand feed them with their fake eagle head gloves.

You guys complain about Chipper derailing the thread, but you just can't help trying to wind him up. If you don't want to hear how the other half thinks, don't keep bringing it up.
And to think I was just getting ready to post some pictures of scrounged wood...
If people can’t control themselves enough to not post numerous links and a bunch of conspiracy theory stuff every time covid is mentioned, that is not my problem.
I can control myself, looks like you can't, look at all those pictures of saws and burning brush you just posted lol. I'm still curious as to where you get your news, you never answered, you've also never told me which one of the links provided or what I said was a conspiracy or conspiracy theory.
I've provided many solid links, with the hope that people will look into these things for themselves rather than to just go with whomever will give them a pat on the back for doing what they do. You should know I'm all about trying things out for myself, and I encourage others to do the same(not to say try the jabs as once you do there's no going back). If people want to get the jabs, fine, but they should at least have an opportunity to look at the information that's out there on them and understand that they are the test subject(normally animals) when a drug is under emergency authorization use(EAU).
Someone mentioning that they got their vaccine/scheduled their vaccine/are planning to get their vaccine is no more off topic than 3/4 of what gets posted around here. Covid has impacted EVERYONE’s life and taking a step that will hopefully help us get past this mess is a good thing.
As I stated above, where is your proof that getting an experiment jab will "help", I think more accurately is the sentiment of "hopefully".
I've also provided ways to actually do something that WILL HELP, take V-D3 and Zinc, that will help since 70-80% of all being hospitalized for "c19" are low on V-D3.
Here's one of the many articles I've read on V-D3, when you've read this and all the comments let me know what you think.
PS, it's not one of the sites I agree with for the many part, but it does give a more rounded perspective which I do try to obtain to understand where people are coming from. I like to take an objective approach.
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2775003

Oh no, not COVID talk again lol.
Just realized you can look at HD's used equipment for sale on their site. There's a used Makita 6421 saw for sale about 30 miles from me for $289. Another one is 41 miles away from me for $337. Ugh I'm so tempted to buy one of them but I have no real use for another 60~ cc saw.

Eagles breed in November/December Joe. I thought about mating but they were hellbent on kicking his young ass. Back in the 80's I lived along the Susquehanna river. There was a 1,000 acre island right next to me.. 2/3's of it was open to hunting and the other 1/3 was propagation area. The built hacking stations and brought baby eaglelets from Canada to raise. I used to go out and watch them hand feed them with their fake eagle head gloves.
These had fun back in December and were going for seconds!

Oh no, not COVID talk again lol.
Just realized you can look at HD's used equipment for sale on their site. There's a used Makita 6421 saw for sale about 30 miles from me for $289. Another one is 41 miles away from me for $337. Ugh I'm so tempted to buy one of them but I have no real use for another 60~ cc saw.
Yep lol.
I'll try to post some pics of some scrounged wood when I'm not giving links and defending my conspiracy theories lol.
Did you read any of those links.
Sorry, I thought I gave to the link to see what's for sale on their website.
I forgot to ask if you got the 6100 tuned to were it will idle for you. If it changes rpm when it is tipped it's usually too rich, turn the low side jet in a 1/4 turn at a time until it stops changing rpm. You can fine tune it from that point to make it easy to start and to rev up quick, there is usually a bit of comprise to be had, but some saws will like the setting both for starting and quick throttle response. From what I know the 6100 should do both well when it's adjusted correct.
As far as the grinder, if you can find someone who does it on the side it will save you a lot of aggravation, time, and possibly a little money over renting one. You also won't have to clean and fuel the machine before bringing it back :clap:.
As for gloves I like these for summer. They are thin and have a rubberized grip but still breath fail well. Best I've found that protect vs no gloves but you still have a great feel like not wearing gloves. The only unfortunate thing is they are made in china, I haven't been able to find any made in the states that are similar.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 11.35.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 11.35.25 AM.png
    467.9 KB · Views: 7
If people can’t control themselves enough to not post numerous links and a bunch of conspiracy theory stuff every time covid is mentioned, that is not my problem.

Someone mentioning that they got their vaccine/scheduled their vaccine/are planning to get their vaccine is no more off topic than 3/4 of what gets posted around here. Covid has impacted EVERYONE’s life and taking a step that will hopefully help us get past this mess is a good thing.

The “horse” aka semi civil debate on the pandemic/vaccine/rules surrounding masks etc certainly has been beat to death around here and I’d say 99 percent of the regulars in this thread are done participating in that. But I’m not going to avoid saying the word covid in fears of what Brett is going to post. If you recall, one of his tirades was spawned by me discussing online drivers training...the word covid wasn’t even mentioned.

If you have a problem with Brett’s posts I suggest that you take it up with him.
How about this? All you vaccinated folks can go have a big group hug and keep your jab appointment dates to yourselves. Us unclean conspiracy theory crazies will stay in our bunkers and promise not to publicly make fun of you.
Sound fair?

And to think I was just getting ready to post some pictures of scrounged wood...

I can control myself, looks like you can't, look at all those pictures of saws and burning brush you just posted lol. I'm still curious as to where you get your news, you never answered, you've also never told me which one of the links provided or what I said was a conspiracy or conspiracy theory.
I've provided many solid links, with the hope that people will look into these things for themselves rather than to just go with whomever will give them a pat on the back for doing what they do. You should know I'm all about trying things out for myself, and I encourage others to do the same(not to say try the jabs as once you do there's no going back). If people want to get the jabs, fine, but they should at least have an opportunity to look at the information that's out there on them and understand that they are the test subject(normally animals) when a drug is under emergency authorization use(EAU).

As I stated above, where is your proof that getting an experiment jab will "help", I think more accurately is the sentiment of "hopefully".
I've also provided ways to actually do something that WILL HELP, take V-D3 and Zinc, that will help since 70-80% of all being hospitalized for "c19" are low on V-D3.
Here's one of the many articles I've read on V-D3, when you've read this and all the comments let me know what you think.
PS, it's not one of the sites I agree with for the many part, but it does give a more rounded perspective which I do try to obtain to understand where people are coming from. I like to take an objective approach.
I missed my annual physical last year, the year before my doc said I was way low on vitamin D. When my apt was getting close I remembered I was supposed to start taking some D. So, I got a bottle and started taking 2 gel caps a day so she wouldn't yell at me. Then the apt got cancelled. But, I kept taking the D. Looks like it saved me.

How about this? All you vaccinated folks can go have a big group hug and keep your jab appointment dates to yourselves. Us unclean conspiracy theory crazies will stay in our bunkers and promise not to publicly make fun of you.
Sound fair?
I saw this the other day and wondered if 'ol Haywire ever did.

Sound fair?
Or just watch your own ****ing bobber and let others live their lives.

I’m not telling you how to life your life. And I sure as hell won’t be told what I can or cannot do by anyone on here.

Trying to bait me into posting my sources which will do nothing but continue your rants isn’t going to work. I’ve already asked you to agree to disagree.

I missed my annual physical last year, the year before my doc said I was way low on vitamin D. When my apt was getting close I remembered I was supposed to start taking some D. So, I got a bottle and started taking 2 gel caps a day so she wouldn't yell at me. Then the apt got cancelled. But, I kept taking the D. Looks like it saved me.
Maybe lol.
It's unfortunate that those in power at the CDC and NIH will not do any studies(even though they've all said they take it), I wonder why not.
All you vaccinated folks can go have a big group hug and keep your jab appointment dates to yourselves.
They can't hug yet, Fauci said so; and they still need to wear two masks, "it just makes good sense" says fauci, even though there's no actually science behind it.
Trying to bait me into posting my sources which will do nothing but continue your rants isn’t going to work. I’ve already asked you to agree to disagree.
I'm not trying to bait anyone, is that a cast iron pot calling the kettle black.
If you think that I'm baiting anyone you're totally off base, you're the one talking about watching bobbers.
If you post the sites I would happily read them, I spend many hrs a day watching videos and reading up on these topics.
I've read more peer reviewed studies just this yr alone than most dr who are giving these "treatments" and can stand on solid ground talking with any of them as to why I wouldn't allow them to inject me or mine.
I actually care about people and I didn't have to take a Hippocratic oath to prove it, maybe it should be spelled hypocratic. Maybe you should look up where that word even comes from, but that would be a conspiracy theory.
Saws and brush piles aren’t allowed here now?
I didn't say that, links and pics aren't?

Maybe lol.
It's unfortunate that those in power at the CDC and NIH will not do any studies(even though they've all said they take it), I wonder why not.

They can't hug yet, Fauci said so; and they still need to wear two masks, "it just makes good sense" says fauci, even though there's no actually science behind it.

I'm not trying to bait anyone, is that a cast iron pot calling the kettle black.
If you think that I'm baiting anyone you're totally off base, you're the one talking about watching bobbers.
If you post the sites I would happily read them, I spend many hrs a day watching videos and reading up on these topics.
I've read more peer reviewed studies just this yr alone than most dr who are giving these "treatments" and can stand on solid ground talking with any of them as to why I wouldn't allow them to inject me or mine.
I actually care about people and I didn't have to take a Hippocratic oath to prove it, maybe it should be spelled hypocratic. Maybe you should look up where that word even comes from, but that would be a conspiracy theory.

I didn't say that, links and pics aren't?
Going on a covid tirade every time that word is whispered is the issue. Not the topic....

I don't own a smart phone and I do a lot of work without ever thinking to pick up a camera, so no photo here . . . but yesterday we went and got a pickup and trailer load of dead ash, dead but very hard. I have an arrangement with an in-town arborist that I'll come pick up hardwood to save him the work and cost of disposal.

I'll end this winter with almost half of what I had put up in the fall still remaining under a tarp for next year (I'm down to a tiny bit left in the woodshed, but we're still very much in the heating season). With what I already have waiting to process, I'm good on firewood supplies. So Lauren who works with me got yesterday's haul. She's on her way to having a good supply for next year--mostly ash, honey locust, & elm along with some of the pine that we cut in endless quantity thru the year.

A taillight lens on my pickup had been held together with JB Weld for the longest time but kept vibrating apart, so finally I went ahead and bought a replacement unit ('02 Tacoma--can't buy just the lens, you get the entire assembly). I installed that thing about 8 days ago. The first length of heavy ash limb that I loaded on the pickup yesterday, I busted out the top of my shiny new taillight.

Maybe that was the universe punishing me because my wife was one of 16 nurses giving vaccinations at the county fairgrounds yesterday. /s

Going on a covid tirade every time that word is whispered is the issue. Not the topic....
No, posting the opposing view every time it's brought up in a positive light, just like when other topics are brought up.
As was said above, you don't want to hear it, then stop talking about it. That's not me telling you or anyone else what to do, but why is it wrong when I post about it when it's brought up :rare2:. I don't mind if you guys talk about it, as I will too, no different than stacking wood or any other topic, I'll participate if I have something to add :). I thought that was why we were here, to learn and to add to the conversation.
Excuse me, I’m going to go scrounge some lunch.
Enjoy, I'm going to as well.
Need to get the BBQ going with some scrounged cherry sometime :barbecue::sweet:, not today though.

The boys and I helped my uncle in law move some stuff around his house and garage this morning. He’s a huge dude but has had a lot of shoulder and joint issues so in his mid 70’s now he’s lucky to even move.

He gave the boys some tools and tool boxes and a piece of cast iron to me. He has quite an assortment of hardened steel chains and I told him I’d buy those from him when he wanted to sell. He said once he’s done with them I could have them.

Back