Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful 72 degrees today my place is still soggy from all the rain so it's not time to drag out the splitter yet it was so nice I couldn't stand to be inside so I showed the 5020 some love and made a few Canadian candles from a scrounged cedar. IMG_1194.JPG Still have to split all this and more stacked along the fence IMG_1197.JPG

Cut up a stump and got to run both of my saws a good bit Monday because I didn't feel like rolling the huge stump lol.

Anyone have a ms361/440/040? Or really anything with an inboard clutch that huztl copies? I have a bright idea that I might could find one with the same dimensions as my cs-590 that I might could adapt to save about $80 going OEM rim sprocket setup. I'm going to get all the measurements of my clutch drum and the needle bearings if someone would be so kind to maybe measure theirs next time they are down for a good cleaning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I likely would have tried the ether route but after burning my hand bad last year doing bodywork I kind of shy away from fire. The thumb is working fine, I spent most of the day digging out trees and moving brush with the tractor. Only hurt when I don't take my 2 hour Tynol. Won't be running a saw for awhile though. I moved a bunch of clay too.

I likely would have tried the ether route but after burning my hand bad last year doing bodywork I kind of shy away from fire. The thumb is working fine, I spent most of the day digging out trees and moving brush with the tractor. Only hurt when I don't take my 2 hour Tynol. Won't be running a saw for awhile though. I moved a bunch of clay too.

Just watch that Tylenol intake. Only recommended to take a total of 2000mg a day now I think. Extra strength Tylenol is 500mg per tablet now. Used to be 375mg per tablet.

I've had a chance to spend time with @muddstopper @NGaMountains and @zogger over the past two days and can tell you they are all very good people.

I have a few pics from zogger's place that I'll post up when I have better reception. I did get a chance to see oakzilla, the zogger smogger, and run the zoginator when I was at his house

I've added 6 1/2 saws to the fleet over the past week for a combined total of $25. Going to need more storage space lol.

Cut up a stump and got to run both of my saws a good bit Monday because I didn't feel like rolling the huge stump lol.

Anyone have a ms361/440/040? Or really anything with an inboard clutch that huztl copies? I have a bright idea that I might could find one with the same dimensions as my cs-590 that I might could adapt to save about $80 going OEM rim sprocket setup. I'm going to get all the measurements of my clutch drum and the needle bearings if someone would be so kind to maybe measure theirs next time they are down for a good cleaning?

Is the stock spur sprocket on your 590 worn out? Iv never had a problem with mine although I will go to the rim setup when its worn out.

Is the stock spur sprocket on your 590 worn out? Iv never had a problem with mine although I will go to the rim setup when its worn out.

Not anywhere close right now just having a plan in place for when it does. I'm sure even the spur sprocket is expensive so I'm on the hunt for an alternative while I have plenty of time.

I've had a chance to spend time with @muddstopper @NGaMountains and @zogger over the past two days and can tell you they are all very good people.

I have a few pics from zogger's place that I'll post up when I have better reception. I did get a chance to see oakzilla, the zogger smogger, and run the zoginator when I was at his house

I've added 6 1/2 saws to the fleet over the past week for a combined total of $25. Going to need more storage space lol.
Really nice meeting you man! Had a good time!

Back