Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I left the tree attached to the rootball so it would hold some of the weight off the branches. I knew it would stand back up but I didn't think it would do it with that much tree still on it.

Fun stuff, she seemed to enjoy it :).
Correction. SIX big spruce down within 500yds of the house. Truck is full. My 550 died. Filled it up after after I ran it out of gas and it wouldnt fire. Had to finish with the 445.
Did you shut it off right after you heard it surge the first time, did you let it idle before shutting it down.
These two things can make a big difference on the autotune/mtronic saws I've found.
For a hot start if it doesn't fire right away then you pull the choke up and then put it back down which puts the saw in the fast idle position, this has worked well for me.

Fun stuff, she seemed to enjoy it :).

Did you shut it off right after you heard it surge the first time, did you let it idle before shutting it down.
These two things can make a big difference on the autotune/mtronic saws I've found.
For a hot start if it doesn't fire right away then you pull the choke up and then put it back down which puts the saw in the fast idle position, this has worked well for me.
It died before I could shut it off. I know the choke on/choke off AT trick but it would not fire at all. I mite go back out in a min and try it again. It sat after I filled it up. It wasnt really a "hot" start.

It died before I could shut it off. I know the choke on/choke off AT trick but it would not fire at all. I mite go back out in a min and try it again. It sat after I filled it up. It wasnt really a "hot" start.
Bummer. Most times I will shut my saws down right when I hear them surge, I figure it helps me to pay attention to how they are running, just might save one from getting burned up some day. Hopefully it will fire right up for you, I can't see any reason it wouldn't.

You can't really go wrong with any Spruce , will last me 5 years and could is AWESOME softwood to get fires going and perk it up if the fire is needing it. It'll burn AWESOME and doesn't leave masses of ash buildup in the heater.

SPRUCE is AWESOME !!!

I know that's what you really meant to say :)

Property owners contacted. 2 big trees down 1/8 mile from the house. Next to street/driveway. Easy access. And both are SPRUCE.

SCORE !!!!

Bummer. Most times I will shut my saws down right when I hear them surge, I figure it helps me to pay attention to how they are running, just might save one from getting burned up some day. Hopefully it will fire right up for you, I can't see any reason it wouldn't.
Started first pull when I pulled it out of the truck cold. Then smoked a bunch. I thought I might have put oil in the gas tank but no way did I do that. Took the cap off and shined a flashlight down in there to look. Nope. AT saws dont like to be run dry then? I try not to do that anyway but I guess I need to pay closer attention

Another log rolled just as the bar came out of a bucking cut, and nudged the chain that hadn't quite stopped by that stage into my leg. Split second thing that cost me 1 1/2 days off work and could have been much worse. A very lucky lesson to learn without too much personal cost. Never had it happen before or after that one time, but that's all it takes.

Latest posts

Back