Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the YouTube of the dad running over all of his kids video games with a rider.

Ha! I had to go and find it.

Cowgirl bought our kids iPad type things some time back and Cowlad was wasting all his waking out of school hours on it, of all things watching youtube videos of other people playing games. After several warnings, I found a further use for woodheaps: that being something to bounce iPad things off from a distance. YouTube problem solved.

Ha! I had to go and find it.

Cowgirl bought our kids iPad type things some time back and Cowlad was wasting all his waking out of school hours on it, of all things watching youtube videos of other people playing games. After several warnings, I found a further use for woodheaps: that being something to bounce iPad things off from a distance. YouTube problem solved.

My eldest watches the videos of people playing Minecraft. I believe those guys make a decent living out of it.

My eldest watches the videos of people playing Minecraft. I believe those guys make a decent living out of it.
The very top people make 7 figures a year off it. To kids these days it’s the next get rich quick scheme. In reality you have a better chance of becoming a professional athlete.

The life cycle of these games are very short. The chance of being a top player in whatever comes next is slim to none.

I warn the kids that I'm mowing and tell them to pick anything up that they have in the yard. Last summer I was having a problem with my son leaving all sorts of things in the yard, I told him if I hit it I hit it, you've been warned. Well he had one of his climbing ropes out and I wasn't actually trying to hit it, it just sucked right up under the deck. By the time I hit the pro switch for the blades they cam to a very abrupt halt :surprised3:. I puller the mower up on the edge of the sidewalk and a little ramp that goes up to the porch and then went in and told my son. He was very upset that he lost a nice rope, but he was real bummed that he had to get it untangled from the blades and spindles, its rare he leaves a rope where I may hit it now lol. I find the lessons that cost us the most are the ones we are the slowest to forget :yes:.
I hit a dog toy (one of those big soft polymer balls) with our mower a couple mowings back, last I saw it; it was still rolling/bouncing/flying strong a couple houses away...

My mother was mowing back when I was a kid of maybe 10yo, sucked up a 1/2" logging chain...talk about bring things to a screeching stop...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Do you have any videos of yours.
Whats the weight on them, I think this is 8.3.

I bought it from Steve. Still runs great and I use it when I am limbing because you can wield it like a sword for hours and your arms don't get tired. Don't know if Steve or Carl did the muffler mod but it makes that little fella run hard.

Sounds good!
Does it have a timing advance too.
I bought it from Steve. Still runs great and I use it when I am limbing because you can wield it like a sword for hours and your arms don't get tired. Don't know if Steve or Carl did the muffler mod but it makes that little fella run hard.
It's nice isn't it. I've had quite a few guys give me a hard time when I've said I like my little and my baby saws, they'll have to do what they have to do, and I'll do what I have to. It's not like I don't have bigger saws to run whenever I want, to me it's about having choices.

Carl did it, I’m not nearly that talented.

It has timing advance too.

Sounds good!
Does it have a timing advance too.

It's nice isn't it. I've had quite a few guys give me a hard time when I've said I like my little and my baby saws, they'll have to do what they have to do, and I'll do what I have to. It's not like I don't have bigger saws to run whenever I want, to me it's about having choices.
Lol see previous message, was typing at the same time as you.

Carl did it, I’m not nearly that talented.

It has timing advance too.
I thought it did, sounds like a fun saw.
Specs say 9.3lbs, 2.4hp at 12.8 max rpms.
The ms200 rear handle is 8.4 lbs 2.1hp at 14k, without the arrestor screen they run a good bit more rpms as well as power.
The 201c-em(rear handled mtronic) is 8.6lbs and 2.41hp at 14k
I'd try a 3601(almost tried yours :)). I know I like the 4300, it's like a pro mans ms241 :laugh:.

Yes I do, 200 rear handle, 201cm rear handle and the earlier 201c rear handle with a timing advance/mm/limiter removed. The 200 is a factory hotrod and being a hotrod had plenty of problems primarily related to the carbs. When you get them right they scream, I just brought mine up from the basement so I checked the tune, 14.7 no load and sounds good there:chainsaw:. The 201's run well and get better fuel economy, but the 200 beats them in overall cutting efficiency(more torque if that's a thing in a baby saw lol) so you loose what you gain in actual fuel economy if they have the exact same tank size(I'm unsure of that).
I prefer the 200, but I run the 201's more on jobs because I want to keep the 200 in great shape for as long as possible. Although if I needed a small rear handle saw for doing a job with a bunch of invasives I wouldn't shrug off a 201. I would however look at some of the offerings from echo and consider a ported 2511 in the rear handled version even if I had to have one shipped here as I don't think they've made it to the states.
One funny thing I've noticed running the 201cm is I look down to see if it's the standard carb saw because it seems to run a bit fatter than I'd like it to o_O.
I'll see if I can't do a video today of the 200 and the 201cm running together in the same wood since I've had a few guys ask about them.
I'd have to try an echo 361p for the cost of less than a used 200 or 201 in a 35cc saw. Same motor as the 355t.

Well, 80 up here in Igloo , winter's just around the corner .
Can't wait :)

I went and got a small load of that not spruce this afternoon.

6e009dce10b2fa31fdfd12849c4be425.jpg

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Back