Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blizzaks are an exceptional ice tire. I run Cooper discoverer winters, they are a good ice tire and exceptional snow tire. We get large helpings of lake effect snow here so the bit of ice traction I give up, I gain in the loose stuff. All the plow guys around here run Coopers.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Making progress on the ash-stacking. I'm picky about my woodpiles, so they're time-consuming, but I'd prefer they didn't tip over in -25C Ontario winter.
Will probably pull out the portable speaker and play some Bongzilla albums this evening to keep me motivated. Hard to do household chores after a full day at my "real" job.

IMG_1346.jpg

What?! Those are car tires. Put some real truck tires on that
My dad's first suburban came with Uniroyal Tiger Paw passenger series (P prefix) tires. Not great tires but lasted about 45K. The local tire shop put on new p prefix tires of a reputable brand (can't remember which one) but it was considered a quality tire and was higher end model at that and they were wrecked in 5k miles. The shop told my dad "oh thats cause you trailer too much" which was funny because the heaviest thing that vehicle ever pulled was a 3000# boat appromimately 20 miles a year and a car trailer with 3 ATV's. He took the hit and put on Michelin LTX's and they were still on the vehicle when he sold it several years later.

Started yesterday at the place that did the select cut. Wayne and I are cutting everything that was left on the landing and pushed into a pile and left. We cut that for the landowner we get everything left on the 40 acres. Saw some really big oak and hickory tops in the woods. That winch is going to pay for itself again. Forgot pics again.

Started yesterday at the place that did the select cut. Wayne and I are cutting everything that was left on the landing and pushed into a pile and left. We cut that for the landowner we get everything left on the 40 acres. Saw some really big oak and hickory tops in the woods. That winch is going to pay for itself again. Forgot pics again.
Time for a tractor buddy.:rock:

Blizzaks are an exceptional ice tire. I run Cooper discoverer winters, they are a good ice tire and exceptional snow tire. We get large helpings of lake effect snow here so the bit of ice traction I give up, I gain in the loose stuff. All the plow guys around here run Coopers.

Blizzak , top tier tire , Cooper winter , great tire , awesome truck/plow tire , even the Cooper knockoffs work good .
Mud terrains suck in the snow that we get here , they just turn into useless big round spinning things unless they scallop before the snow then they become noisy useless big round spinning things .
The Firestones on the Fords were deadly , couldn't even balance them on a new install and they would look to spin fine on the balancer but you were always chasing to add weight every time you spin .

Figured out how to get even with the grand kids. Put in a room with a newspaper, a rotary dial phone, a black & white tv with rabbit ears and dial channel selector and food that must be cooked on a stove. I figure 2 days max before they cave in.

BFG AT's are great in the snow but not a high mile tire

This is the junction of my two secondary driveways.....one goes straight up the hill (where is was intending to go) and the other off to the left of the pic....really need to get something in there as the sand I had put down just keeps mushing together with the clay.

I have pretty good tires, three of the four are deep lug. But 3/4 ton long box x cab trucks aren't exactly light on their feet LOL. I could go through significantly more mud with 245/75/16's on my old half ton short box than I can with deep lug 285's on this one.

Have you used Blizzaks before? They are incredible.

You have toyo M/T’s correct? I am impressed with their performance (i have them too in 285/75/18 on my 3500 SRW crew cab long box truck) but i have been stuck in deep mud before. Im going to nitto mud grapplers next [emoji23].

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

You have toyo M/T’s correct? I am impressed with their performance (i have them too in 285/75/18 on my 3500 SRW crew cab long box truck) but i have been stuck in deep mud before. Im going to nitto mud grapplers next [emoji23].

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
I have three different brands on the truck right now. The deepest one is a general grabber.

I had Coopers on the Escape, and on one (or both) of my T Birds (had an 85 Turbo Coupe and 92 Super Coupe).

But sometimes they don't make the size I want in the tire I want.

Have had good luck with the Blazzaks, but will have to keep the Cooper Snows in mind in the future. Always liked their tires.

Back