Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dahmer I'm going to have to look into that. I'm all about saving a trip up on the roof. I restained the house this last month and between scaffolding and ladders I'm done climbing stuff.
Rural King has them but once they sell out for the year they’re done until next year. You can get them on Amazon, get the extension kit, it’s a few bucks extra but really ads to your reach.

Redid the gaskets on the stove and cleaned the chimney earlier this evening. A couple more tasks I'm glad to have got done. View attachment 766062 View attachment 766063
I'll be doing that in about a month depending on roof conditions. Been burning a lot of trash, falls oil filters and some nasty plastic that was a really bad decision on my part.

I’ve got the biggest apple tree I’ve ever seen give to me to cut down and buck next week. There’s a restaurant in town that sells dinners of pulled pork, brisket and ribs so I figured I might try to pick up a couple extra bucks and sell some to him. Stopped this morning and talked to his wife, “ We don’t use wood to smoke our stuff.” Ok!!!!! Also had a guy contact me about 6 oak trees he had cut down, already limbed and the limbs burned, I can have all the trunks, he wants them out of the back yard. I can drive right up to them. PTL

I’ve got the biggest apple tree I’ve ever seen give to me to cut down and buck next week. There’s a restaurant in town that sells dinners of pulled pork, brisket and ribs so I figured I might try to pick up a couple extra bucks and sell some to him. Stopped this morning and talked to his wife, “ We don’t use wood to smoke our stuff.” Ok!!!!! Also had a guy contact me about 6 oak trees he had cut down, already limbed and the limbs burned, I can have all the trunks, he wants them out of the back yard. I can drive right up to them. PTL
And you were almost caught up! Can't turn down oak though!

I bought one of these to avoid going on the roof. Works like a big weedeater. Used it on mine and my buddies, zero complaints, the flexibile shaft is great.
View attachment 766076 View attachment 766077

I just use fiberglass rods and a poly brush from inside, roof climbing isn't my specialty and my peak at the chimney is all of 35 feet to the asphalt...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

OMG
OMG
OMG
OMG

3120[emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]
9b2cd7904ada6181f564d98f7c0666d8.jpg

ac6b9d5cd8dc2dbb0a24b7bee678332c.plist

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Does anybody have an idea where I can find another set of these skidder hooks? I like these because pulling big rounds off the trailer and they roll over these it doesn’t hurt these, skidding tongs would be trashed. I actually think these are older than me.
C0F80B06-F6DA-4E82-B608-1397A118168C.jpeg

Does anybody have an idea where I can find another set of these skidder hooks? I like these because pulling big rounds off the trailer and they roll over these it doesn’t hurt these, skidding tongs would be trashed. I actually think these are older than me.
View attachment 766096
I haven't seen those in 35 years...I'd like to have a set myself.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

View attachment 766096

I have a set like those Lol
My best guess is that they were popular during Ox and Horse logging .
You can drive them in and a PV or a narrow flatbar is all that's needed to pop them out .
Clint Polly used them with his moose ...

I have a set like those Lol
My best guess is that they were popular during Ox and Horse logging .
You can drive them in and a PV or a narrow flatbar is all that's needed to pop them out .
Clint Polly used them with his moose ...
Actually if you smack the bottom outside edge of the hook they pop right out in 2-3 hits with the hammer. I love these things, have to find another set.

Back