Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck Neil. So, it appears come Saturday your time we'll finally start to see the birth of some brexit clarity with that vote on the only-slightly-ammended May's deal/treaty. I have fingers and toes crossed it gets voted down. Then it finally goes back, via general election, to the same public that has been ignored for years now. I hope that happens and the public puts many of your traitorous MP's to the sword.

but a general election is very different from a referendum....even a single issue general election. neither of the 2 main parties have a leader that wants a referendum. the lib dems do and an election might bring them back for the destruction they deservedly got after the coalition but they wouldn't win....tbh I can't see this settling for many years, its a constitutional nightmare.

but a general election is very different from a referendum....even a single issue general election. neither of the 2 main parties have a leader that wants a referendum. the lib dems do and an election might bring them back for the destruction they deservedly got after the coalition but they wouldn't win....tbh I can't see this settling for many years, its a constitutional nightmare.
The proposed deal is a similarly contorted nightmare. All of this is by design of course.

For UKIP, it's a bit like being in the death zone on Everest - ther're gonna suffocate where they are and will be goneburger if they retreat and their only option is to attempt a summit push and hope they have enough bargaining room (and the combo is appealing enough to the electorate) with the conservatives to get a brexit done and a few seats. Really interesting position.

If the deal has the numbers on Saturday they'd have kicked the can down the road a bit longer, UKIP goes poof, and NI will still be biartching.

7a67dcffd97e3c4d5877a87fc9491ca7.jpg
b763684ba8e1135b00a07d5b607a77c3.jpg
Dogs are enjoying the first fire of the year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got home and removed the old water heater from our sauna dressing room. I do not know why my dad installed such a beast being we only had a shower and a faucet in there. But nonetheless it provided 44 years of service. It was getting pretty rusty inside and the heating element finally gave out.

I’m going to hook the hot water line into the small water heater in the kitchenette.

57A04863-8C05-4F37-990E-67D6AF25F240.jpeg
D39FF697-4E1E-4E48-9666-074C8EE7712F.jpeg 8636A74A-1911-4339-B060-694AAB7DE53F.jpeg 0958EE18-4BF0-4A17-8468-71768F0A7110.jpeg 97E3D59C-10DA-4A1C-BBCA-C6C67BA921AA.jpeg AC5649D5-27EC-4806-A2AC-8CE6258FB58B.jpeg 71109832-ABAD-43FF-AEDE-9D227D94588B.jpeg

Got home and removed the old water heater from our sauna dressing room. I do not know why my dad installed such a beast being we only had a shower and a faucet in there. But nonetheless it provided 44 years of service. It was getting pretty rusty inside and the heating element finally gave out.

I’m going to hook the hot water line into the small water heater in the kitchenette.

View attachment 766532
View attachment 766531 View attachment 766533 View attachment 766534 View attachment 766535 View attachment 766536 View attachment 766537
That thing is sweet looking :).
Who wants hot chocolate :sweet: :lol:. That's nasty, and you got the deck dirty man :baba:.

The girls went to town tonight so my son and I took a ride on the tractor into the woods and then walked down to the creek. It was a fun adventure for him, I wasn't enjoying all the bending over to get through the short deer trails, but seeing the deer, trees, and hearing the stream was relaxing, sure the fresh air was good for me too, and hanging with my son, what's better than that :).
Like you guys were talking about earlier there was quite a variety of different trees down here in the creek bottom, many totally different than here.
Some we don't have are dead ash, birch, burr oak(the leaves are so neat looking), quite a few apple(we only have one I know of on our property), hickory, cottonwood, one that was a blow over from the storm that I didn't recognize and this maple I wasn't familiar with, anyone know what it is, the leaves weren't real large.
Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 10.57.43 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 10.58.16 PM.png
Saw this cool old apple tree pretty sure it is anyway, it was broken off just below where the picture starts, and it was just hanging there over the creek.
Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 10.47.46 PM.png
Then there were some poplar reaching for the sky from a ways down into the creek bottom, they must have been 100' tall.
Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 11.02.07 PM.png
I told my boy to go around the back side and reach as far as he could around this one. He said it must have been hit by lightening because it had a crack down the side he was on, where would a kid get an idea like that :).
Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 11.02.33 PM.png

Well the update on my Husky 130 is still no saw. Three weeks today. Maybe tomorrow.

I see they are now available on Ebay for 20 bucks off retail with free shipping.
Cancel the order.
I know, I had drained it all out too but it must have been pooled in the back of the reservoir and came forward when I moved it onto the dolly.
I like to flush them real good before I move them, they always leak somehow no matter how much I try to stop them. At least if I flush them it will be fresh water.

Cancel the order.

I like to flush them real good before I move them, they always leak somehow no matter how much I try to stop them. At least if I flush them it will be fresh water.
Luckily I still had the shut off valve on it while it was inside the building. I robbed that to put on the T fitting where I had removed the water heater. Fortunately I did that outside LOL.

Stress relief!!!
IMG_20191018_153624.jpg

you can't get much better than oak delivered to the stack side. I need stress relief through saw and axe time and this will do it. and since its 2 of the oak trees causing my subsidence and hence stress, its all the more satisfying to attack it. unfortunately its only a light prune....far from enough. I'm hoping my neighbours will remove them completely. if they do then the trunks are still about 14m tall. Saw oiled and fueled up and ...rain arrived. grrr. still the weather man says dry tomorrow. PLEASE! its been wet wet wet for a month now.

Stress relief!!!
View attachment 766685

you can't get much better than oak delivered to the stack side. I need stress relief through saw and axe time and this will do it. and since its 2 of the oak trees causing my subsidence and hence stress, its all the more satisfying to attack it. unfortunately its only a light prune....far from enough. I'm hoping my neighbours will remove them completely. if they do then the trunks are still about 14m tall. Saw oiled and fueled up and ...rain arrived. grrr. still the weather man says dry tomorrow. PLEASE! its been wet wet wet for a month now.

Actually, you can. It would get better if there was a bit more working space between the pile and stack. But hey, delivered is delivered.

that is true. I've moved it to about where I stood with the camera and will buck it there, in the usual way, using a pile of 5 pallets as a bucking table (I prefer to lift the small stuff than bend down with the saw). That stack is full anyway so once split as well it will go to the shed in the corner of the garden. it is n't far though

Scrounged me up a future wood worker. All 6 pounds of him. Can’t wait to get him out in the woods!
1f7fb068e38d24eddb9adafd8d614769.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Holy cow, I miss a couple days and I'm 20 pages back. Congrats! Is his name Mini Mac? I think they were about 6 pounds.

Back