Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nothing too earth shattering to post up as to scrounges... well, the ones I got recently anyways... but alas, drop in's continue. curbside service. cost lil more than some wear n tear to shoe soles. camp fire perfect! i'll try to post some stuff soon. I like the liberalness of this thread. well, others, too! :D I see even street :chainsaw: racing themes ok... :laughing:

but it is a scrounge. oak; ez peazee urban. under arm carry ins. :rolleyes: one of the med sized 'stix' came down and out of the oak tree when I was about oh, 30' from it. wham, bam! it came down with a real vengeance. 'no can stay, look out below... no mercy!' I was quite surprise :surprised3: at all the racket it made coming down...

camp fire perfect. tween kindling and chunks, splits... I like this stuff. makes good coals for the other bigger stuff...
P4010003.JPG

It is amazing that the color of an animals fur can dictate so much … for example:

You will see mostly Black Labs as seeing eye dogs, and occasionally Yellow Labs, but you will never see a Chocolate Lab seeing eye dog, they won't even try to train them!!!
Most chocolate labs I've been around were just stupid dogs...chewing rocks, barking at trees, running headlong into closed doors, etc...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes, I’ve never seen a chocolate that wasn’t insane.

It’s funny because you are right about the service dogs, always blacks. But yellow seem to usually be more mild.

We almost did a rescue on a black lab. Big crazy oaf but very loyal to whoever he felt was his master (me if I was around, he really liked me). The couple we knew were getting a divorce and both were going to end up in small apartments so couldn’t keep it. The gal arranged with the bank so she could keep the house (and the dog).

It is amazing that the color of an animals fur can dictate so much … for example:

You will see mostly Black Labs as seeing eye dogs, and occasionally Yellow Labs, but you will never see a Chocolate Lab seeing eye dog, they won't even try to train them!!!

My brother had a chocolate , he called it Sooner .
I ask why , he said "Cause it sooner **** on the floor than let me know it wanted out ."
His ex girlfriend got that one , he was like :( on the outside but was really :) inside Lol

Thanks for the info on the maples.
I will sneak down there soon and get some better pictures. Now that I got the trail cleared it won't take long at all to get there.
Hopefully my flip phone does better this time :happy:.
Just figured out another tree on our property last night when I was looking up info on the maple, its blackberry. Also learned what hornbeam looks like, seen them before but not at our place.
I learned a few things about trees this week :yes:.
Got a couple cherry trees down at my parents yesterday, getting a pretty good pile of firewood stored up there. Wonder how long I can get away with storing it there lol.
View attachment 767302
Just realized that my autocorrect messed this up:rolleyes: :badpc:.
It was supposed to read hackberry, not blackberry o_O.

My brother had a chocolate , he called it Sooner .
I ask why , he said "Cause it sooner **** on the floor than let me know it wanted out ."
His ex girlfriend got that one , he was like :( on the outside but was really :) inside Lol
BIL had one called stupid, you'd have to know him lol.

Well my Husky 130 is supposed to be in the store this evening. 26 days on order lol.
Just sucks it took that long Steve. I went into my dealer to pick up a 261 last Tuesday. (they had several on hand for a couple of weeks) but were sold out. They said come in next week and we'll have one for you. I walked in yesterday and there it sat with my name on it. :happybanana:
20191022_143651-jpg.767727

Latest posts

Back