Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just sucks it took that long Steve. I went into my dealer to pick up a 261 last Tuesday. (they had several on hand for a couple of weeks) but were sold out. They said come in next week and we'll have one for you. I walked in yesterday and there it sat with my name one it. :happybanana:
20191022_143651-jpg.767727
Very nice!

Forgot to post yesterday.

Since I was already in the plumbing mood with my PEX project I replaced all of the seals in the guest cabin water drains and shut offs. The place was built in the late 50’s and I doubt these have ever been replaced.

The gas man came and filled up my tank. Took 825 gallons to fill since I was almost empty. Hoping to make it for a full year as we’ll start burning wood in a few weeks once it cools off. With the indoor boiler it's not worth it to burn till temps stay below 35 degrees.

E6F175F8-6277-49EA-A33B-42E71B6F69FB.jpeg 6A46B529-75B5-4F52-99EC-B1D88F911C32.jpeg

Joey takes a rest in her bed
C182F063-3DD4-4DFC-B093-C3013402A976.jpeg
Hooking the new service into the old that feeds the two sinks. Love the shark bite fittings.
8F5A5098-4D08-455B-833F-9EBF8BD57089.jpeg

Wife woke me up this morning. No good morning just was greeted to “the furnace isn’t working”.

Sure enough I had shut off the gas boiler last spring and was operating the electric boiler as needed. I had shut that off last night once the tank was refilled and forgot to light the pilot on the gas.

We’re just about up to temp now.

Keep an Eye on those shark bite fittings I had one blow out on a hot water line , what a mess.
It sounds as though the QC of PEX components has improved over the years. But all of my sharkbites are in open areas so any dripping would be noticed quickly.

I've had a Browning reproduction of the Model 95 Winchester (made in Japan) in my gun cabinet for about 35 years now, but today is the first time I have shot it.

The open sights on this thing are a little weird, and I was not sure of the proper sight picture. After two sight in shots, I kinda figured it out and put the next 4 shots in 4.5" at 100 yds.

On the plus side, the gun holds well, has a good trigger (and no tang safety like the new stuff) and a smooth action. Although the Japanese production guns were "frowned" upon, the quality of the gun seems to be quite good.

I plan to have a peep sight installed (has to be drilled and tapped) and install sling swivels and it should be a decent hunting rifle.

My Uncle always used to hunt with a Model 95 in 30-40 Krag, and my Aunt had an original 95 in 30-06 that had been done over by Griffin and Howe and was gorgeous, so this thing has some sentimental value to me.

I've had a Browning reproduction of the Model 95 Winchester (made in Japan) in my gun cabinet for about 35 years now, but today is the first time I have shot it.

The open sights on this thing are a little weird, and I was not sure of the proper sight picture. After two sight in shots, I kinda figured it out and put the next 4 shots in 4.5" at 100 yds.

On the plus side, the gun holds well, has a good trigger (and no tang safety like the new stuff) and a smooth action. Although the Japanese production guns were "frowned" upon, the quality of the gun seems to be quite good.

I plan to have a peep sight installed (has to be drilled and tapped) and install sling swivels and it should be a decent hunting rifle.

My Uncle always used to hunt with a Model 95 in 30-40 Krag, and my Aunt had an original 95 in 30-06 that had been done over by Griffin and Howe and was gorgeous, so this thing has some sentimental value to me.
The Japanese reproduction rifles are of extremely good quality!! I own one original 1895 and one reproduction & prefer the repro. Both are 30-06.

Latest posts

Back