Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't sleep much last night. Tough day today. My injured guy is still alive but critical from the last update I got. Thanks for the thoughts. As the health and safety rep at work, I am always safety conscious. Now I am on a mission. Guys were calling me hero today for what I did but I don't feel like one, I was just the closest. I'd feel like more of a hero if my words of caution caused a change in behavior. If I can impress upon people to wear PPE, not to become complacent and to be alert. Watch for fatigue, don't rush..etc.. maybe prevent something from ever happening. I hope you guys never have anything happen to you or anyone close to you. Be leaders. Be safe.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Also saw these spruce popsicles online. dancan might be sitting on a pile of cure for what ails you!!!
6ea38e2161b7ee01270f21aa1c1c6360.jpg

Didn't sleep much last night. Tough day today. My injured guy is still alive but critical from the last update I got. Thanks for the thoughts. As the health and safety rep at work, I am always safety conscious. Now I am on a mission. Guys were calling me hero today for what I did but I don't feel like one, I was just the closest. I'd feel like more of a hero if my words of caution caused a change in behavior. If I can impress upon people to wear PPE, not to become complacent and to be alert. Watch for fatigue, don't rush..etc.. maybe prevent something from ever happening. I hope you guys never have anything happen to you or anyone close to you. Be leaders. Be safe.

Yup , been there , the neighbors daughter got hit by a truck , it was the longest 20 minutes of my life in a ditch keeping her immobilized while waiting for an ambulance .
There were a few sleepless nights .
I've been banged up good a few times , have always driven myself out , got to the front of the line at emerge many times but I'll always jump in a ditch for someone else .
Both my daughters know what I will do , every time .

Jeff I truely hope your work mate makes a full recovery.
I manage a team of people who operate moulding machines mills, lathes both CNC and conventional so it’s got me thinking.

Opening day for ya?

State land hunting is rough. You got friends with property?

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Yep it was opening State land is tough in my neck of the woods. It gets just enough pressure to have the deer go nocturnal but not enough pressure to keep them moving. Plus for whatever reason the deer numbers are a little on the low side over here relative to what we see up at camp.

KiwiBro, here’s a little gift we are sending from the people of Australia.
I’m currently sitting smack bang in the centre of the plume second from the bottom.
To put it in perspective the fires are about 50 to 100 miles from the coast.

View attachment 777442
Tks I was in manly Saturday-tuesday and could taste it in the air depending on wind direction.

On the news here yesterday they tell us it's like smoking 40 cancer sticks a day.

Back