Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
interesting. your mid is bit over 50% of bud's reg %.

boy! you don't want a DUI here in the State of Texas... bad news. but in Houston alone over the past few years they have issues over 25,000 DUI's! 8,000 in the past year alone! they make it real hard on anyone the stop who has exceeded the legal limit! real hard! they can make it a felony, too. real bad news!

I know a guy... few yrs back... $5 worth of beers in a bag, local gas stop... and saw a set of high beams coming at him. so he buzzed the guy off with his highs... flicking them off n on repeatedly! well... the highs just happened to be a Texas State Trooper... and for $5! the guy lost his truck, lost his career job could drive, no $ for truck payment... and cost him $7500US in legal fees. they mean it here:

if you drink, don't drive. u cannot afford it!

That is severe alright, most loose their license depending on what range they go into and the fines go up accordingly. Some people do get locked up here too but they are usually repeat offenders and you have to offend a fair few times it would appear before you get locked up.

I'm hearing you, I don't do it anymore, I'm older and wiser and I generally just have a few drinks at home 99% of the time and for that very reason, the fines and trouble just aren't worth it anymore.

well, bfs - you take care. nice chat with u this eve. I am going to head on out and kick up some dust... mozie on down the dusty trail... :) Merry Christmas to you, mate...
Yeah you too mate, I had a few beers and a nice feed of Prawns (shrimp) for dinner. Time to sit back and watch a bit of cricket then time for bed. And Merry Xmas to you and all the members here who celebrate it.:drinking:

I might have to try that sometime. I have the 18 on mine now. I have a 16/ picco 3/8 on my 241 . My 3 bar plan.:laugh: 16/241. 18/261. 20/462.
Yeah man I always run the shortest bar possible. Cheaper chains, less filing/grinding. Saws perform better. My 461 wears a 20 most of the time.

You got a nice line up there!

Them big Poolans are fun. Go easy on it some parts are scarce as hens teeth.
Unless I do some milling (unlikely in the near future due to time constraints) this will be a falling/bucking/noodling saw only for when I get into 20” plus wood. IOW at most it will cut a couple cords a year.

All those wood snobs out there (and you know who you are) won't like the fungi, mold, and 'shrooms growing on that load. Me? I smile when I throw a piece like one of those in!

Give me all the moldy and fungi ridden birch I can handle. Splits easy, dries fast, burns really well in my boiler.

I live in the south. bugs are part of the life-style here. can keep them out, but cannot get rid of them...

my bug spray company scheduled today to set me up for another 90-days. oops!, I remembered yesterday about the electrical cords and Christmas lights, etc. they put out a tsunami of quite effective chems. so had decided best to resched. din't want all that stuff on my stuff... or to be conservative around lights, etc...

It's all I use, for years now.

maybe I should save it after doing French fries... :popcorn2:

utubers are using it, I see... and found this bit of tech:

Canola oil can replace chainsaw bar oil. Canola oil is also thinner and versatile like chainsaw bar oil. The oil serves as a natural substitute for the chainsaw and bar. Also, canola oil is environment-friendly, so using it as a chain lubricant offers no danger to the environment

Was at a local store today and they were selling some unfinished live edge slabs and assorted woods. Saw these rounds for $59 each..... We're burning up a fortune boys!!!
b84a11c3ce069f305918799d5c9bd233.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Was at a local store today and they were selling some unfinished live edge slabs and assorted woods. Saw these rounds for $59 each..... We're burning up a fortune boys!!!
b84a11c3ce069f305918799d5c9bd233.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
I see this all the time, live edge slabs that are crap for hundreds of dollars.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back