Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn’t remember to get a picture until first refill. One load home and probably a bunch more to go. Wish it was colder, the thawed out mud is making getting to where I drop the wood at my place a mess. The empty trailer get pulling the trucks back end down hill when I was trying to turn around. I had to unhook to get the truck out. Luckily I have a nephew that is physically fit with me. He and I muscled the first “big round” into the trailer, the next one I noodled I would have taken picture of the trailer but didn’t want to hear from the internet police how overloaded it was.....2F1A9125-D6F5-4CA2-8869-8C031C7C79A8.jpeg499ED9B7-312D-48EF-BBFE-E1FABC30A9FD.jpegB6B428EC-04B9-4487-93A1-D555E305FB25.jpeg88DC3481-BA12-4968-AD42-F7F8E8772E94.jpeg

Didn’t remember to get a picture until first refill. One load home and probably a bunch more to go. Wish it was colder, the thawed out mud is making getting to where I drop the wood at my place a mess. The empty trailer get pulling the trucks back end down hill when I was trying to turn around. I had to unhook to get the truck out. Luckily I have a nephew that is physically fit with me. He and I muscled the first “big round” into the trailer, the next one I noodled I would have taken picture of the trailer but didn’t want to hear from the internet police how overloaded it was.....View attachment 783336View attachment 783337View attachment 783338View attachment 783339
Haven't seen over loaded since the last time I let @farmer steve load a 1/4 ton truck.

Coins are like baseball cards. Select few are worth big money and if you play the game some get hot and you can sell at the peak. One thing about good coins though is as you get older so do they and less and less are available. Really the internet is all you need to find values. I keep a notebook of all I have with specifics. I'm not much more than a novice.

I'd hold them unless you find some in the hot niche.

Didn’t remember to get a picture until first refill. One load home and probably a bunch more to go. Wish it was colder, the thawed out mud is making getting to where I drop the wood at my place a mess. The empty trailer get pulling the trucks back end down hill when I was trying to turn around. I had to unhook to get the truck out. Luckily I have a nephew that is physically fit with me. He and I muscled the first “big round” into the trailer, the next one I noodled I would have taken picture of the trailer but didn’t want to hear from the internet police how overloaded it was.....View attachment 783336View attachment 783337View attachment 783338View attachment 783339
Not overloaded till the tires rub the fenders Matt.:omg:

Haven't seen over loaded since the last time I let @farmer steve load a 1/4 ton truck.
Hey! That bumper was a good 6 inches off the ground.:innocent:

Finally snuck in a bit of scrounging amidst the holiday hootenanny. Just a wheel barrow full of cherry and maple from behind the garden shed that tree guys cut and threw back there before we moved in.
b77b78b811b505e6a3f335b643412d30.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's absolutely treacherous out here right now. Got a ton of ice. All the major roads have been closed at some point due to crashes. Walking anywhere is super sketchy. Ice fishing cleats are the savior.

Yeppers, 169 south of Zimmerman was a mess earlier. Weather like this aint good for much other than looking out the window.

The shed is full of wood.

My sheds full of equipment, my wood stays outside where it can dry out over summer, I've never stored wood under shelter. We clearly have different environments to deal with, we get snow in winter probably 3 or 4 times a season and most of the time it's gone within a day or 2 or maybe a week at the most, summer time we generally get rain (bugger all this season as we are in a drought) what I normally do is have a few weeks worth of dry wood on my wood rack which is in the carport out of the weather, that's generally more than enough if we get a bit of wet weather.

Got my puppy from a rescue place. The lady that was watching him until adoption had me swing by for his final shots tonight. I get there and her front yard has logs everywhere. We get all done and she asks..... “do I know anyone with a chainsaw” Ummmm. I’m gonna be busy tomorrow

A couple years ago, I went shopping with the car. Took back country roads just for the change. Came across a deputy with lights flashing. Small tree across the road. Deputy says he is waiting for the county crew and I wouild have to backtrack 8 miles unless I had a chainsaw. Any other day but that one, I would have had a saw or two in the trunk. I would have loved to see his expression as I pulled one out.

Yeppers, 169 south of Zimmerman was a mess earlier. Weather like this aint good for much other than looking out the window.
My plans to stay in all weekend. Plenty to keep busy with in here. Did enough running over the holidays to last me.

img20191228_145948.jpg

Working on the weird corner behind that paneling. That's the back of the wall furnace in the living room. Plan is remove the furnace and make shelves for shoes in that little space. Hopefully cedar paneling will dress it up enough.

There will still be a vent pipe for a 65k LP room heater in the living room.

Need a few more details.

Q1. Where are the rest of the pics?
Yeah, unless that is a yard truck there should be plenty of room in the cab.20191228_163136.png
Even at that I see at least 6 places for rounds.
20191228_162230.png
Forgive me if that's where the saws are; then you may have really run out of truck. ;)

My sheds full of equipment, my wood stays outside where it can dry out over summer, I've never stored wood under shelter. We clearly have different environments to deal with, we get snow in winter probably 3 or 4 times a season and most of the time it's gone within a day or 2 or maybe a week at the most, summer time we generally get rain (bugger all this season as we are in a drought) what I normally do is have a few weeks worth of dry wood on my wood rack which is in the carport out of the weather, that's generally more than enough if we get a bit of wet weather.
Wood stays outside first year. Second year it goes in the shed. Front and back of shed are open. Plenty of air. I go get a load before weather goes bad and have a load in the garage.

Back