Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could fix that; but someone would scream 'GRINDERS EAT CHAINS!!!'

Philbert

If i dont send it to chipper ill PM ya. I may send it to ya with some money. I only have hand files. Not interested in a grinder yet.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

If i dont send it to chipper ill PM ya. I may send it to ya with some money. I only have hand files. Not interested in a grinder yet.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
I picked up a Stihl HSO grinder last year for a good price. Its had 1 chian on it. Someday I'll rock one bad enough to use it again.

It looks like if you don't like the weather around here, just give it a few minutes and it will change. Mid 60's temps rain and floods one day, and today, 23f this morning and the ground is white. Supposed to get about a inch of snow this morning with temps getting to around 50f by 4pm. I did find a pic of the new house being built along the river from 2 days ago.
84857010_2955800901132856_2020455785447817216_n.jpg
I have seen the water much higher.

It looks like if you don't like the weather around here, just give it a few minutes and it will change. Mid 60's temps rain and floods one day, and today, 23f this morning and the ground is white. Supposed to get about a inch of snow this morning with temps getting to around 50f by 4pm. I did find a pic of the new house being built along the river from 2 days ago.
84857010_2955800901132856_2020455785447817216_n.jpg
I have seen the water much higher.
Hard to believe they built a house in a known flood area

Hard to believe they built a house in a known flood area
Yea, pretty much a running joke with the locals that have been here all their lifes. And just to think, they payed big money just for the privilege of building next to the river bank. When the river floods, it usually makes a lake out of the 400acre farm. There are a lot of pic on fb of similar homes.

The rest of the story. I ran a bull line through the big Oak in the front yard, threw it over the highest limbs on the maple, pulled it down and tied it off on a lower limb. Pulled it with the truck. As I pulled the line, being tied low around all of the limbs on the house, it compressed them, and did not drag them on the gutters or windows. I hope the video works. All of the cracking noise is the lower limbs compressing. Ratz, wont load the video.20200208_094200.jpg 20200208_110742.jpg

Coworker went and looked at a house. He asked the lady selling it if it ever had water in the basement, she said no. H went back through her FB photo's and found some with water 3 blocks deep in the basement. Crazy.
Thats the only redeaming factor of FB. I love it when employeers of security rated jobs interviews some one, especially a girl, and she has pics of a party with 3 guys holding her up,while she chugs a bottle of rum and pours the rest down her cleavage. Or the stupid crooks that video their robbery the post it on FB.

Back