Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeah!
cf639a731cf3379fc6c8449af2a5c210.png
bbc13452f593d195d1d486d8f6cac4e8.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I actually just like the looks of the early 90's Fords. The V8 in my green truck is crap. Burns a quart of oil every 200 miles or so. Weird thing is, it's got less than 100 thousand miles on it. Luckily I only use it for wood hauling. My diesel VW's are my main source of transport.

Here hope this helps with the withdrawal symptoms.;)View attachment 798836 View attachment 798837
The markings on that log make it look 3' under water on a sunny day. That looks about an ideal diameter too. Sure, it isn't spruce but at least it's a long log with few ugly bits. There's a stand of gums I have to knock over that are way down a gulley and have grown almost limbless for roughly 40+' and are slightly less than the diameter of your log. Perfect firewooding size, me thinks.

Nah the flu will kill more this year yet again.
Who the hell drinks Carona and cuts wood..........oh yeah Aussies:)
The flu isn't bringing the major manufacturing powerhouse that is China to its knees like this one is, with the flow-on impact to the parts supply chains of major manufacturers and also those countries who have exports in the construction/energy sectors heavily dependant on Chinese demand. Our logs are stacking up on our ports, some are turning trucks away, log prices have dropped 25% almost overnight. Iron ore, coal, seafood, logs. No country quaranteens almost 800m people for the flu. c'mon man, this time it really is different. but hey, that's just this nutters take on it.

China's credit expansion has already been so mind-numbingly huge and had already begun to spin its wheels before this current SHTF moment in history. They can throw what they like at this but they are just pouring fuel on a forest fire at this stage. I just can't see a way they can make it out of this without serious harm that absolutely will flow on to the rest of the world.

The flu isn't bringing the major manufacturing powerhouse that is China to its knees like this one is, with the flow-on impact to the parts supply chains of major manufacturers and also those countries who have exports in the construction/energy sectors heavily dependant on Chinese demand. Our logs are stacking up on our ports, some are turning trucks away, log prices have dropped 25% almost overnight. Iron ore, coal, seafood, logs. No country quaranteens almost 800m people for the flu. c'mon man, this time it really is different. but hey, that's just this nutters take on it.

China's credit expansion has already been so mind-numbingly huge and had already begun to spin its wheels before this current SHTF moment in history. They can throw what they like at this but they are just pouring fuel on a forest fire at this stage. I just can't see a way they can make it out of this without serious harm that absolutely will flow on to the rest of the world.
The one thing worse than governments is the media, hell they are worse than lawyers and ex wives. Lets have a pint six months from now and have a wee bit more insight into things. What happened to that crazy dude from North Korea we kept hearing bout till i turned off my radio.........

Oh, it’s 32:1 now, Husqvarna all day long for saws. Yamaha for quads, Skidoo for my sled, Winchester or Ruger for rifles, Remington or Beretta for Shotguns. And...... I own lots of different firearms of different makes, just love stirring the pot. I figure y’all figured that out already :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Browning for shotguns dude. A5 FTW!

Yeah, I actually just like the looks of the early 90's Fords. The V8 in my green truck is crap. Burns a quart of oil every 200 miles or so. Weird thing is, it's got less than 100 thousand miles on it. Luckily I only use it for wood hauling. My diesel VW's are my main source of transport.

Diesel VWs, eh? I loved my MK2 Diesel Jetta. Saved me a ton of money in fuel when gas was $4/gallon and the truck gets 8-10mpgs.

Guys, I’ve been in the business for 20 years.... they all make a few good ones and a ton of crap. It’s designed obsolescence, they want to sell you a replacement....... trust me
They did sell me a replacement. The truck now wares a 25 row 6.0 trans cooler instead of the 7 row stock one. No more over heating but the damage is done.

Thinking about selling my grom and picking up a coworkers 02 tdi Jetta. My truck averages a little over 16mpg not to bad for a 20 year old 1 ton.

Everybody knows Husky's are for the working man and stihl's are for the people that like to drink with their pinkies out.
Poor people run Echos ask me how I know.

Thinking about selling my grom and picking up a coworkers 02 tdi Jetta. My truck averages a little over 16mpg not to bad for a 20 year old 1 ton

That’s one thing I loved about the 6.0 in our Excursion; it got great MPGs compared to the gassers. Lots of pulling power too.

My 1 ton gets 8-10 :eek:|

That’s one thing I loved about the 6.0 in our Excursion; it got great MPGs compared to the gassers. Lots of pulling power too.

My 1 ton gets 8-10 :eek:|
A buddy used to have a 460 f250 that got 6mpg no matter what. Could push it down a hill with the motor off and still have to stop for gas at the bottom :laughing:.

Latest posts

Back