Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope it turns out. Don't know how many times a customer called and said we would need special equipment to take their tree down, it was a good 6' across and over 200' tall. Get there and it's a nice big Tulip Poplar about 42" and 110' tall. The 36" bar worked fine.

I've got what I call the "Ash Hole" I've been cutting dead standing Ash. I've dropped a few over 30". I'd like to see a 60" Ash. Take pics.

I always take pictures. The ash in my back yard is about 5 ft in circumference but it's got lots if of shoots so it's really narly[
ATTACH=full]799735[/ATTACH]
ATTACH=full]799733[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 20200103_112105.jpg
    20200103_112105.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
  • 20200103_112618.jpg
    20200103_112618.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
Mill that Ash … it may be all gone soon!!! (Like Chestnut)

(I guess I was posting at the same time you were … great minds think alike)
That's the plan . I also have a smaller ash adjacent to my driveway nice and straight for 25 or 30 feet . It's on my neighbors property but he let's me manage his . Tapped 4 maples there and planted 6 apple trees for him . I get the apples for the foreseeable future though.

I'm looking at a 572xp . Got a price of $ 875 with a 28 inch bar. I really need to stop getting little things at the husky store. It's like I need a new 25 cent nut for the bar oh wait how much is this? I was able to leave without it though but it just keeps coming to mind.

I stop into my local store to get files...knowing full well there is something more than files I want in there.

I stop into my local store to get files...knowing full well there is something more than files I want in there.
Ya it's always that way with me. In 2012 went to get a battery for my 02 Springer road home on this . Dropped 22k and still had to pay for the battery:wtf:20180503_112054.jpg

Ya it's always that way with me. In 2012 went to get a battery for my 02 Springer road home on this . Dropped 22k and still had to pay for the battery:wtf:View attachment 799746

I know the feeling !!!
But ya can't beat the Harley Road Sofa if ya put down the miles !
IMG_2801.JPG

@dancan, you ever successfully remove the speed limiter? I have a customer with a 2018 Silverado he bought at a surplus action, he lives in lower NY and states that since it was a Canadian Government vehicle it is speed regulated to 70mph. Any insight you can shed would be great, our service manuals have NOTHING on this.....

Never had to deal with that before but I do know some guys that run custom tunes that were deleting the upper speed limit .
Send the truck up here and I'll get it done for 50$ :)

I know the feeling !!!
But ya can't beat the Harley Road Sofa if ya put down the miles !
View attachment 799747
I have 47k on the glide paid the Harley tax new zippers cams cam plate and the 100k tensioners . But this is my go to ride 74k miles only done tires and regular maintenance oil and such. Has been cross country twice. Have three Harleys my 02 Springer 03 Fatboy anniversary edition and my glide. But nothing beats this one. Its smooth as silk even at triple digits. I was doing 122 across the Mojave in 201720180228_141929.jpg

I have 47k on the glide paid the Harley tax new zippers cams cam plate and the 100k tensioners . But this is my go to ride 74k miles only done tires and regular maintenance oil and such. Has been cross country twice. Have three Harleys my 02 Springer 03 Fatboy anniversary edition and my glide. But nothing beats this one. Its smooth as silk even at triple digits. I was doing 122 across the Mojave in 2017View attachment 799754

I put 50k+ on my street glide last year - got the RGU from my friend - its paid off. put 5k on it in 2 months. Its a 17 I'm looking hard at the 468 cam from zippers - they are a local company to me here in md. I have legend suspension on it - rides like a dream. Fosgate amps and speakers - Plan on wearing the bike out this year !

Never had to deal with that before but I do know some guys that run custom tunes that were deleting the upper speed limit .
Send the truck up here and I'll get it done for 50$ :)
What’s the deal with the government up there limiting the speed on the trucks? Down here 95mph is the cutoff. 70mph is a JOKE, guy would get run off the highway in the slow lane.

What’s the deal with the government up there limiting the speed on the trucks? Down here 95mph is the cutoff. 70mph is a JOKE, guy would get run off the highway in the slow lane.

That's usually only on DND trucks .
Civi trucks are the same as yours .

Yup , I've owned a couple of chevs and fords over the years that 70mph was like you were about to hit the time warp lol
The speed limit on main roads out here is 70mph. When I'm hauling a load of firewood people are passing me like crazy! Especially going up an incline! haha
Probably laying down a cloud of smoke too with all the oil it's burning:D

Back