Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another pic of it.
47c00b39c207c841b6b1faa928b94bc5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, that is nice … but how many chainsaws will it haul???

Please share pictures of the 36” bar in use on the monster ash.[emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
Well dropped 4 trees today . Had to drop a black walnut didnt want to but a big dead ash was all tangled in it . Looks like they grew up together and no way to get the ash out. So the owner said take them both.

And the big ash tree turned out to be a big hickory that was already down with the rootball . It is as he said pin straight for 60 or so feet and very large. Couldn't get the truck to it today. Have to take out a dozen or so ash to clear a path. Tree is off the ground no punk so I'm hoping I can get some good milling wood out if 8t . As you can see there is dead ash everywhere . Last pic was of the one of the smaller ash we took today . Filled my dump trailer 8 ft bed of my truck and the 6ft bed on bil truck . Going back tomorrow for st least 4 more 20200221_121829.jpg 20200221_121839.jpg 20200221_121841.jpg 20200221_121844.jpg 20200221_124851.jpg

My s2000 will run 155 topped out in 6th gear. Stock tranny and rear end. Ap1 2.0 liter. Vortech supercharger 4 inch pulley. Water methanol injection after 5 psi. Haltech ecu. Very little will run with it including bikes.
7818e5f410cc873458a4540fed05ac9c.jpg

One massive down side with these cars........ I. guy I work with bought one of these a few years ago, on the first weekend he went for a long drive with his girlfriend and had the roof down. Nice and breezy so didn’t realise they were getting sun burnt. I remember him coming into work on the Monday morning, I’ve never seen someone so sun burnt in my life, red as a tomato.

Well dropped 4 trees today . Had to drop a black walnut didnt want to but a big dead ash was all tangled in it . Looks like they grew up together and no way to get the ash out. So the owner said take them both.

And the big ash tree turned out to be a big hickory that was already down with the rootball . It is as he said pin straight for 60 or so feet and very large. Couldn't get the truck to it today. Have to take out a dozen or so ash to clear a path. Tree is off the ground no punk so I'm hoping I can get some good milling wood out if 8t . As you can see there is dead ash everywhere . Last pic was of the one of the smaller ash we took today . Filled my dump trailer 8 ft bed of my truck and the 6ft bed on bil truck . Going back tomorrow for st least 4 more View attachment 800061 View attachment 800062 View attachment 800063 View attachment 800064 View attachment 800065

395...Lurking in the brush.....[emoji2958] .... ready to POUNCE!!

ea3de8c773eb5d54f666599267d7ad72.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Further East. New Zealand. :) Bound to be a few Barras rolling around NZ. Offer goes out to anyone up there - if you see anything on our domestic and most popular auction website - www.trademe.co.nz or any other place here, sing out and I'll help it on its way to you.

I got a few big old saws away to a few people up that way years ago. Haven't done anything like it since.
That’s awesome.

I was in NZ just for a layover when I was heading to Oz.

Well, that is nice … but how many chainsaws will it haul???

None zero zilch nada lol. It’s just a toy date night car. I used to build bagged mini trucks. Living in Virginia it was risky. Actually had my last one impounded by a state man. I can drive this around and not be paranoid.

One massive down side with these cars........ I. guy I work with bought one of these a few years ago, on the first weekend he went for a long drive with his girlfriend and had the roof down. Nice and breezy so didn’t realise they were getting sun burnt. I remember him coming into work on the Monday morning, I’ve never seen someone so sun burnt in my life, red as a tomato.

Yes sir. You won’t know it either. This summer my wife and I are going to take it to the keys. That should cook us both.

Latest posts

Back