Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10 to 15 bucks a piece isn't worth the risk. If you can't get double the mg as a price it's not worth the time involved.
Um 50 pills at 10 bucks a pop times 40 or 50 "patients" a week . Do the numbers. One "dr" was charged with writing 4 to 5 hundred fictitious patients per month . Most were medicare and or workers comp

There are a lot of people addicted to prescription painkillers too and the powers that be don’t seem to want to tackle that.
Yes my wife had 4 different scripts for painkillers from the drs when she was in chemo. We filled one a month and most times she refused to take them. I could have had litterly 3 to 4 thousand hydrocodone and percocet pills in the 4 years .

He said Green was homeowner and Yellow was more aggressive. Switched to Yellow and actually liked the saw. Then my first BIL picked mine up and it scared him. He won't use Yellow chain, says it cuts Too fast.
'Green' is reduced kickback chain. 'Yellow' is not. The color codes are independent of whether the cutters are semi-chisel or full-chisel, although most low kickback chains are made up with semi-chisel cutters.

Full-chisel cutters will generally cut more aggressively when sharp. Skip tooth chains may also feel more aggressive in some wood.

Philbert

I usually run full comp, full chisel on my saws, except the little ones. I get them off the ground and seldom rock one. I still enjoy sharpening my 404 chains because I can see them. 3/8 I have to squint more, and wind up with a headache. The reduced kickback, with the link between cutters just turn into a blur. Never tried skip. I always figured if the saw wouldn’t pull full comp, I needed more saw, not less cutters.

I know it’s an oversimplification to say green= home owner and yellow =pro. But it works for my BIL.

Guess I was specifically thinking of cutting brush. I only run picco on my top handle saws right now. I would like to try a echo 361p or stihl 201C-EM with it. Retire the 011 AVT but it just keeps going. It didn't have a ton of hours when I got it. My cousin left it here after he dropped it out of a tree broke half of the handle and a mount bolt. At home I try to make stove wood out of as much as I have the patience for.
I know what you mean. I can’t believe how much I use my MS170. Now I have the little 29CC Echo 280E, I want to do some limbing with it. If you told me when I was 40, I’d be usin a top handle before I turned 65, I would have broke a rib laughing.

Has anyone tuned a Stihl 034 carb before? It has 2 low screws, one high, and an idle screw. I bought an aftermarket on off of E-bay and having a hell of a time adjusting it. Saw will start and idle but idle is like full throttle. I keep making counter clockwise adjustments to the idle screw with now luck. Does this sound like a metering level problem?

Asked my daughter what she wanted to do for her birthday today, can anybody guess her reply. 15 years old..... Dang time flies!!

Attachments

• 17947274-3B4D-45CD-9FAD-531F4F281E76.jpeg
    17947274-3B4D-45CD-9FAD-531F4F281E76.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 45
  • 398EC560-8E62-4F65-A835-FB7329BB1E40.jpeg
    398EC560-8E62-4F65-A835-FB7329BB1E40.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 41
  • 1A887D70-22EE-430D-96C6-D19546417596.jpeg
    1A887D70-22EE-430D-96C6-D19546417596.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 42
  • 4ED95DA4-8886-42AF-AA63-CD8B0BAEA02E.jpeg
    4ED95DA4-8886-42AF-AA63-CD8B0BAEA02E.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 46
Um 50 pills at 10 bucks a pop times 40 or 50 "patients" a week . Do the numbers. One "dr" was charged with writing 4 to 5 hundred fictitious patients per month . Most were medicare and or workers comp
I under stand how it works. More then I'm willing to talk about. Theres alot of money in it. But it's simple supply and demand in the big cities where most of the pill mill doctors are prices stay low so 10 to 15 bucks is probably normal. Till what's left gets to the small towns that turns into 60 to 160 per pill. I'm not proud of it but I have some first hand experience with this. Wish they would spend as much money on the heroin problem as they did shutting down the pill mills. I'm sure theres a few doctors out there writing unnecessary scripts but nothing near what it used to be.

My cousin straight gassed his so I’ve got a 390 kit on order. If I had known what a ***** it was to work on I would have referred him elsewhere.

A local guy offered to install a 390 kit on my 310 for me, for $175. That includes parts. Sounds like he uses Hyway and farmtech parts, or he offered me $100 to buy my saw as is. Still debating on what to do.

@James Miller

Never met you, and I swear I’ll get to one of the PA GTG’s one year. You’ve alluded to things of the matter in the past and I get it. Lost a sister @ 27 to herion, younger sister is not far behind. Addiction shows no mercy, socialeconomic status be damned. Country, rural, suburban, urban, it’s everywhere.

A local guy offered to install a 390 kit on my 310 for me, for $175. That includes parts. Sounds like he uses Hyway and farmtech parts, or he offered me $100 to buy my saw as is. Still debating on what to do.
Is your 310 running right now? You can probably get more than 100 for it on the open market.

Guess I was specifically thinking of cutting brush. I only run picco on my top handle saws right now. I would like to try a echo 361p or stihl 201C-EM with it. Retire the 011 AVT but it just keeps going. It didn't have a ton of hours when I got it. My cousin left it here after he dropped it out of a tree broke half of the handle and a mount bolt. At home I try to make stove wood out of as much as I have the patience for.
Here in Aus the echo 361p never made it. I see the 362p and shindaiwa equivalent has now made it here.

I’ve got chronic neck issues, and throwing a bunch of strong muscle relaxers at that isn’t the answer. Physical therapy didn’t work. Chiropractic and craniosacral did.

It's too simplistic to say "PT didn't work", the reason being that there is a significant difference between what one PT will do for a given problem and the next. Same with chiros and osteopaths for that matter. There are a few reasons for this. A better way to put it would be to say "The PT I saw wasn't any good and the chiro did more to help in my case".

Medical doctors are generally more consistent in their approach to problems than physios, chiros and osteopaths as a rule - happy to explain why if anyone's interested. The greater variability in approaches among practitioners in the various physical therapies helps to explain why one patient's experience with one profession will be more or less satisfactory than the next.

@James Miller

Never met you, and I swear I’ll get to one of the PA GTG’s one year. You’ve alluded to things of the matter in the past and I get it. Lost a sister @ 27 to herion, younger sister is not far behind. Addiction shows no mercy, socialeconomic status be damned. Country, rural, suburban, urban, it’s everywhere.
I don't know that theres many people who haven't dealt with some form of addiction. Whether it be there own or family and friends. My BIL best friend died of a drug overdose not long befor that I kicked in his bedroom door to find him passed out with a needle on the floor at his feet. Having been an enabler a user and now clean for near 8 years this still isn't a topic I like talking about. Theres always someone that will look at my past and blame me for there present.

Is your 310 running right now? You can probably get more than 100 for it on the open market.

I sold mine for $575 IIRC. Oz dollars which ain't what they used to be. About $400US at the time. It had 4 years scrounging use at that point and 7 years of collecting dust then was serviced and tuned prior to sale. The chick that bought it was happy, as was I. Don't really miss it other than the fact it was my first saw etc. No doubt though, the 460 was not much heavier and it kicked the 310s butt so that was it. I'm often into the kids about keeping things that no longer have a purpose, getting rid of stuff that you don't actually need is a liberating experience!

Back