Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chipper, We haven't had much snow last very long this winter here either. They drove it pretty much all day on Sunday because the snow was melting fast. These darn little sleds really seem to hold their value. We have a Kitty Cat that I bought when my kids were little and it's still worth the same amount of money as when I bought it. I have a buddy that deals in used sleds and he's getting nervous about buying many this off season. My son also has a bunch of mini bikes, Honda 50s, 70s and the like. He's spoiling his kids worst than I spoiled mine.

Chipper, We haven't had much snow last very long this winter here either. They drove it pretty much all day on Sunday because the snow was melting fast. These darn little sleds really seem to hold their value. We have a Kitty Cat that I bought when my kids were little and it's still worth the same amount of money as when I bought it. I have a buddy that deals in used sleds and he's getting nervous about buying many this off season. My son also has a bunch of mini bikes, Honda 50s, 70s and the like. He's spoiling his kids worst than I spoiled mine.
That's great they got to use it at all this yr, not enough here this morning to run one on snow, and now theres way less with the wind and the warmer temps.
They do hold their value well, I see the older ones for 3-600 normal and sometimes higher on one in real good condition, and the newer style for 8-1200.
Sounds like they are having a great time, you already know how much I like the Hondas :rock:.

Yup . It's great portable canopy heavy . Came with four zippered side wall . Stayed in Carlisle last fall got down to low 30s . Had a small propane tent heater and a couple if sleeping bags. Stayed super warm . Even had a lightning storm never moved . Plenty of other cover it's were in the trash that morning
Let me know if you come to Carlisle this year. Only about 2o minutes or so from here. Me and some buddies used to go regularly back in the 80's to look for stuff for our old panel trucks. It was a standing joke, Carlisle next weekend? Don't forget your raincoat.:dumb2:

While on the drive washing my car at the weekend I had my neighbour ask me if the 'ban on firewood' would affect me. So I explained I get my wood green and season it myself for 2 years. I then told her, the stove is lit right now, can you see any smoke from my chimney? No she said.

Air dried wood, cut and split small (to fit the small stove) and given plenty of time to dry, and then burn hot with ample air.... That's all it takes

Yep, once the commander said something I thing many folks woke up, and TP was the first thing on the list, hand sanitizer was second.
Wonder if they got anything else?

Where is it, theres a good number of guys up here who could probably help out.
It’s up in Dearborn, MI.
If you search the FB marketplace, it’s listed as “Stihl parts saw”.

It’s a 310 made in like 01, and another rear handle assembly. I asked if he’d ship the 310 powerhead, and he declined :(

How many trees does it take to make a gallon? Do you gravity syphon or vacuum pump out of the trees?
More amount of taps than trees, some trees can support 2 taps some 1 . I have some trees that produce sap fast and a couple that while producing does it slow. All mine are gravity feed. 20200214_120437.jpg

Boss lady told me to mail you some stuff and get the ball rolling

Hey @SS396driver, Saturday was skating up on 209, passed the New Paltz Brewery. Heard you also steered SVK in the right direction on his 7.4.
Ya he texted me on Monday.

It’s up in Dearborn, MI.
If you search the FB marketplace, it’s listed as “Stihl parts saw”.

It’s a 310 made in like 01, and another rear handle assembly. I asked if he’d ship the 310 powerhead, and he declined :(
Now I know why I haven't seen it, I don't facebook.
@square1 is on the other side of Detroit.

Let me know if you come to Carlisle this year. Only about 2o minutes or so from here. Me and some buddies used to go regularly back in the 80's to look for stuff for our old panel trucks. It was a standing joke, Carlisle next weekend? Don't forget your raincoat.:dumb2:
I'll be there in April . Have my spot already. Wont set up a booth just park the truck . I usually just buy in the spring .

Boss lady told me to mail you some stuff and get the ball rolling

Hey @SS396driver, Saturday was skating up on 209, passed the New Paltz Brewery. Heard you also steered SVK in the right direction on his 7.4.
Was a little of a coincidence as I was working on mine at the time. Waiting on the strange driveshaft 3 1/2 inch chrome moly with 1350 u joints . The summit valve covers were just to dyno the motor. Have some nice finned aluminum ones going on just before I put the nose back on20200302_131159.jpg

And why do people need so much TP. A case lasts months at my house. And anything with alcohol will kill germs. I keep rubbing alcohol in my truck a buck for a quart at the dollar store and its American made

Edit: Its like when were forecast to get a snow storm . People stock up on gallons of milk ,dozens of eggs and bread. What the hell ? You making bread pudding or a few hundred French toast.

And why do people need so much TP. A case lasts months at my house. And anything with alcohol will kill germs. I keep rubbing alcohol in my truck a buck for a quart at the dollar store and its American made

Edit: Its like when were forecast to get a snow storm . People stock up on gallons of milk ,dozens of eggs and bread. What the hell ? You making bread pudding or a few hundred French toast.
I like a clean butt personally and haven't found anything in nature that works as well lol. We go thru a lot of TP here, 3 kids and a lot of company, of I had to guess the average number of people in our home per day it would probably be 8 or 9, thats a lot of TP :surprised3:.
We get our eggs mainly from the neighbor, and raw milk from shares on a farm. We do have enough flour/sugar on hand to make enough food for a lot of people :D. And since I can't eat any complex carbs there's usually lots of meat and a bunch of peanut butter, oh and bags coffee/creamer :drinkingcoffee:.
Plenty of alcohol and vinegar on hand as too, amazing all you can do with vinegar.
Lots of herbs and spices in the fall, some fruit too, but we are lacking in veggies. Sure we could barter some wood for them if needed :happy:.

We go through PT like crazy too with 7 people in the house

We do not have a lot of food on hand at any given moment. We do have several cans of protein shakes though which could be mixed with water if needed. 30 meals to a can.

Anytime we have tons of food in the house, everyone seems to eat more than necessary. So usually we have anywhere from a day to a week worth. And someone is in town at least 6 days a week if needed.

If the event of a total quarantine I could bring out the spear and darkhouse. Pretty easy to stick a decent fish per day which would provide plenty of protein to feed the family. Poached northern is delicious.

We go through PT like crazy too with 7 people in the house

We do not have a lot of food on hand at any given moment. We do have several cans of protein shakes though which could be mixed with water if needed. 30 meals to a can.

Anytime we have tons of food in the house, everyone seems to eat more than necessary. So usually we have anywhere from a day to a week worth. And someone is in town at least 6 days a week if needed.

If the event of a total quarantine I could bring out the spear and darkhouse. Pretty easy to stick a decent fish per day which would provide plenty of protein to feed the family. Poached northern is delicious.
You should really get a license lol.

Scrounged some more of that mystery meat. After some interweb comparisons, I’m guessing pignut hickory.
acf85a7dae5db6e893af5ab6fc87f121.jpg

Whatever it is, it’s gonna get get burned [emoji2375][emoji16]
e5298c8759ecc426316167439c531ead.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back