Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'
You are ignoring the fact that Obama had the economy in a nice recovery already when T took over. It did keep going when T took over

Your kidding, right???

When Obama was in the Fed Reserve had to keep interest rates near 0 for an unprecedented 8 years to keep the economy from going into the crapper. Too much regulation, too high taxes.

Trump reduced regs and taxes and the Fed Red immediately starting increasing interest rates. Plus, Trump's employment #s are dramatically better, especially for minorities. He also had much broader wage gains, not just the rich getting richer. This whole impeachment thing is because Trump actually did everything the Democrat's promised but did not do, and they know they can't beat him in an election.

In Auditing they teach you not to pay attention to what people say, pay attention to what they do … and the results of what they do. That is what matters.

Your kidding, right???

When Obama was in the Fed Reserve had to keep interest rates near 0 for an unprecedented 8 years to keep the economy from going into the crapper. Too much regulation, too high taxes.

Trump reduced regs and taxes and the Fed Red immediately starting increasing interest rates. Plus, Trump's employment #s are dramatically better, especially for minorities. He also had much broader wage gains, not just the rich getting richer. This whole impeachment thing is because Trump actually did everything the Democrat's promised but did not do, and they know they can't beat him in an election.

In Auditing they teach you not to pay attention to what people say, pay attention to what they do … and the results of what they do. That is what matters.
Please keep the political over in the right forum, Political and Religion, posting stuff like this just sullies up a nice clean site.

They trimmed a line just down the rd from our home, ends up I saw some of the wood I was thinking could be hackberry down there.
Maybe you guys could argue about that and take the politics to another channel, pretty sure that isn't the point of the thread ;).
Shades for size :cool:.
The great thing is I didn't have to cut mine down to get these pictures :).
20200314_103201.jpg20200314_103141.jpg

They trimmed a line just down the rd from our home, ends up I saw some of the wood I was thinking could be hackberry down there.
Maybe you guys could argue about that and take the politics to another channel, pretty sure that isn't the point of the thread ;).
Shades for size :cool:.
The great thing is I didn't have to cut mine down to get these pictures :).
View attachment 806943View attachment 806945

Hackberry for sure! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Candlebark has an air-dry density of 740kg/m which is similar to sugar maple. Also burns very cleanly but you do want to knock the bark off it because it is thick and about 105% ash by weight.

View attachment 806849

Since the cutting had been so easy I figured I might as well split it onsite. It was splittable but it is harder going than some other eucalypts like peppermint. I started to slow down a bit once I was half way through but having started I wanted to finish.

View attachment 806850

View attachment 806851

Then loading up the ute and trailer when pretty knackered already wasn't much fun but got there eventually. A little under two cubes loaded and prolly another cube or so split and I'll hopefully pick that up on Tuesday.

View attachment 806852

So, had enough fun for one day but stihl a nice day out.

View attachment 806853

:)

Cowboy, how much wood in a cube? Don’t here that word much over here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bucked some cherry yesterday, also cut a few cookies :cool: the idea crossed my mind to collect all my cherry cookies and use them as a “smoker” on the charcoal as I bbq. Toss a cookie or two on as I begin to cook and let the smoke enhance the flavor. Worth a try at least.B140936E-8629-47BA-96C7-9ACDB48698F9.jpeg46C3AF76-1DBB-4F78-AEAD-AD89A356E703.jpeg

Just a warning from a trusted source guys. If you need anything from the store that you were going to get at a later time it may be easier to do that sometime today ;).
HA,,, good advice!!! I went to the meat/produce store in town about 11:00,,, it has two parking lots back and front,,, back is closer for me... Line at teh register is half way thru teh store!!!! So I walked down the empty aisle, to get some meat,,, they had what I wanted,,, but ALL the sacks of potatoes,,, all the milk, and other dairy products are gone,,,
I went to the front register, and the cashier was standing there alone, twiddlin her thumbs!!!! Bet I wasn't in teh store 5 minutes, and teh cashier was teh only one I got within 5 feet of... I asked her if she was bored, as teh back of teh store was nuts to butts 30-40 deep!!!!
The most dangerous thing about this flu, is people are just too freakin stupid to keep it from spreading!!!!
I got back in the truck, washed my hands in alcohol and drove home!!!!!

Back