Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well went about 150 miles north to the area where I grew up last weekend for my brother’s funeral (passed away after heart surgery) and stayed in a rv park that was built when we lived there. View attachment 807782
I remember when those trees were planted, I feel old, lol. Think they are some kind of hybrid poplar?View attachment 807783
In our rush to leave I forgot to throw some firewood in, wife was in the office looking at firewood bundles and park owner came in and said I’ll bring ya some wood, no charge. Dropped off some wood, paper and matches. It was little wet so I was getting my 5 gal jug of fire starter out of the pickup and the neighbor comes walking over with some dry pitchy kindling, with hoarding going on was pretty cool to see the generosityView attachment 807784
Sorry to here about your brother passing. Glad the old camp ground was still there. I like things to be as I remember them, especially land marks.

Squirrel baiting station. Makes head shots easy.View attachment 807818
We have a squirrel problem here. Get into attics, neighbor had some chew threw his soffit. When my daughter was born 9 years ago, I had one take an entire Kaiser roll eat part of it and leave the rest in my engine bay only then to proceed to chew through my wiring harness causing my car inoperable.

Squirrels are just a rat with a fluffy tail. I use 110 conibears to get rid of ours. Pretty effective.

Be
We have a squirrel problem here. Get into attics, neighbor had some chew threw his soffit. When my daughter was born 9 years ago, I had one take an entire Kaiser roll eat part of it and leave the rest in my engine bay only then to proceed to chew through my wiring harness causing my car inoperable.

Squirrels are just a rat with a fluffy tail. I use 110 conibears to get rid of ours. Pretty effective.
My buddy bought a brand new Dodge and jumped in to go to work, wouldn’t start. In just a few months they destroyed his wiring harness. Years ago I got the kids a pet rabbit. We house trained it, funniest pet I ever had. The lady at the pet shop told us to never leave it free to roam the house. She said there was something in the wire that rodents liked. The kids left Thumper out one time. I got home and the TV and VCR didn’t work. Thumper chewed up all the wires. Thumper moved out side in a rabbit hutch.

Be

My buddy bought a brand new Dodge and jumped in to go to work, wouldn’t start. In just a few months they destroyed his wiring harness. Years ago I got the kids a pet rabbit. We house trained it, funniest pet I ever had. The lady at the pet shop told us to never leave it free to roam the house. She said there was something in the wire that rodents liked. The kids left Thumper out one time. I got home and the TV and VCR didn’t work. Thumper chewed up all the wires. Thumper moved out side in a rabbit hutch.
Yup it's called soy based plastic . Still smells like soy beans to rodents

Logger nate. Sorry for your loss as well.
Sorry to here about your brother passing. Glad the old camp ground was still there. I like things to be as I remember them, especially land marks.
To Steve and to Nate, I send my condolences.
Nate , Steve , sorry for your losses .
I'm tipping a glass to the west in their honor .
Praying for the both of you and your families (LN and FS).

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
Thank you everyone

Latest posts

Back