Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 810584
Don't know if you guys can read this but were about to get swamped. 2 weeks ago we were down to 4 days a week. Won't be surprised if we go mandatory 6 or 7 days soon.
Guess that can be taken as good or bad right.
PS; I think that letter is a fake, look at the signature, looks more like Blair than Chris :reading::lol:.

I'd be more then willing to trade the 355t for a 361 rear handle. The rear handle has a better flowing intake with a cat muffler. 355t has an empty can for a muffler and choked up intake. I'd have to buy a 355 muffler for the 361 if I got one.
Heck yeah. I'd like to run one of those myself, but I certainly cant justify buying one, so I guess I'd just need to splurge on it lol.

wow! another face cord of heating wood... 100.00 better then collecting federal welfare, using sweat equity making my way in the day... perhaps this is a better outlook to the future of a subsiding covid19?, and people feeling better with spring in the air! best health to all!...

I'm torn on a shutdown in this state. I could get a lot done in two weeks with no work to worry about. Our business has pretty much shut down anyways. I think it depends on if we keep the curve low but the metro areas are goofy. Everybody still out screwing around. Had to go to the pharmacy and the amount of people at Home Depot and Menards was nuts.

I am a firm believer that this virus has been around for awhile. Have a had a few employees that got a "viral" infection this winter with the same symptoms but tested negative for influenza. My mom got sick in January and spent 3 weeks in the hospital with all the indicators. I called her Dr. and they did not test for it. It was a weird sickness as it turned into pneumonia rather quickly. Doc doesn't want to speculate but clearly thinks that it is a possibility.

Parts should be in for my elevator conversation by Friday so hopefully get that up and rolling by Monday.

I'm torn on a shutdown in this state. I could get a lot done in two weeks with no work to worry about. Our business has pretty much shut down anyways. I think it depends on if we keep the curve low but the metro areas are goofy. Everybody still out screwing around. Had to go to the pharmacy and the amount of people at Home Depot and Menards was nuts.
We're on a shutdown and it doesn't appear that it has had any affect on Craigslist postings. Pretty hard to convince me anyone listing their old couch is doing it as necessary to sustain or protect life. I have not been out (2nd day of three week shutdown) but I understand a lot of businesses qualify as "essential" including Cabela's since they sell water purification systems and generators. People are going to continue to do whatever they want to regardless of the shutdown status apparently.

We're on a shutdown and People are going to continue to do whatever they want to
Locals around country have set up check points with blessing of local mayors. The police aren't officially endorsing it but haven't explicitly prohibited it either. I can't find "vigilante road blocks" in the govt list of essential businessess.

Busted up the last of my stock piled rounds. Just about waited too long the poplar was slimy.
a1a75669edc4f7d7fd45d1974f38a176.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may count as a scrounge ,a piece of aged oak I set aside . I posted it when I epoxied it wasn't happy with the result so I sanded it all off and did something my high school wood shop teacher showed me. Rub a hard piece of wood against the project you shine it up without darkening it . I used a handle from a 15 cent brush worked great20200325_134624.jpg20200325_134213.jpg20200325_134834.jpg20200325_171944.jpg

Definite
A neighbor called me to tell me he had a tree down and wanted to know if I wanted it. Bark looks a little like hackberryView attachment 810812 but the heart wood doesn't look right. Any ideas???
Definitely Hackberry. The pulp wood is similar to Cottonwood. The bark is a dead give away. I have several of these trees in my wooded lot.

Latest posts

Back