Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well seems I only lost 2 chickens to the birds . Neighbor came over this morning with three that were hanging out with his.
So you're back in business :).
Man is incredible left arm is pretty much useless he had a stroke a few years back . He had logs delivered last fall and he cut them up and hand split. That's what he was doing when the trouble started. He passed out splitting wife called the ambulance and they did the surgery the same day
People like that amaze me, I could only hope to aspire to being that hard core!

A customer, so he's paying you to take them down :).
Don't they push those over root ball and all, then cut them up.
I seen a field done that way a couple weeks ago on the way to another members house, had to be a couple hundred of them. We have a lot of orchards up here, they are all switching to the dwarf trees that are small but have apples just about covering the whole tree. Pretty neat trees, I'm wondering what the downsides are of them, may plant a few.
Old produce stand customer. I have to leave about 2 feet so they can push em out with the dozer. To much mess and dirt if they push them out first. i might haul the tractor over to his place for a day. I have a plan.:innocent:

Old produce stand customer. I have to leave about 2 feet so they can push em out with the dozer. To much mess and dirt if they push them out first. i might haul the tractor over to his place for a day. I have a plan.:innocent:
At the same orchard I saw all the pushed over trees I saw a guy on a tractor brush hogging between the trees on a nother portion of the orchard, I was like what's he doing, ends up he was shredding all the branches the crew pruned, I thought that was a pretty cool way to deal with them.
So you gonna make a pile :blob2::happy:.

ALL the orchards around here rotary cut the pruned branches, and some orchards have pretty big rows of them between the trees.

SR
Imagine that, I was just south of you on 10 mile west of the Kubota dealer. I stopped in there and looked at the newest version of mine, the guy said 28k with a loader of the cuff :oops:, I had a feeling he wasn't taking me seriously, seems a bit blue sky to me.

Started filling the dog shed with wood as I am out of room to stack any more. This is Oak and Hickory for 2 years from now, hopefully.
9a81c6c0b7c61b535b1db8fdc3b68bb9.jpg

bba2c09aeba64901b4e60ef5aedf96ca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful day here.

Scrounged up two tires for the truck (the top two).
View attachment 811471

Honkers are back
View attachment 811472
I'll send you a custom made goose call if you promise to use it twice a day and get those winged demons to stay up there. Every field and parking lot in MD is covered with them. I'm afraid I might loose my Burnese Mountain Dog in the green slime they leave every where. We are allowed 8 per day in the early Resident Goose season, max 24, and 5 per day, max 15 in the late season.

A customer, so he's paying you to take them down :).
Don't they push those over root ball and all, then cut them up.
I seen a field done that way a couple weeks ago on the way to another members house, had to be a couple hundred of them. We have a lot of orchards up here, they are all switching to the dwarf trees that are small but have apples just about covering the whole tree. Pretty neat trees, I'm wondering what the downsides are of them, may plant a few.
I had a few of of the little ones, the only problem was my Black Lab could climb to the top and ate all my apples while they were still green. I thought it was the local school kids cutting across my yard to the bus stop. But I never found any. One day I was mowing and she put her front paws up on the lowest limb and pulled an apple off. I went on down the hill, and when I came back up the hill, she was gone. Then I saw an apple fall, and looked up in the top of the tree and she was pulling them off. dropping them, and she was 110 pounds.

Couple more loads from the neighbor's lot. 20200328_154003.jpg
20200328_154014.jpg
(Shhhh... Don't tell @Cowboy254 they are the same load - I didn't get a pic of the first before I unloaded it. I figure maybe if I post while he's sleeping he won't notice. :hi:)
20200328_150128.jpg
Here is the first load.
Just putzing around in the evenings and weekends for 15-30 minutes at a time is adding up.

Usually save my buckets of ash for chickens to fluff in. But since I got out of the chicken business, it's going for fertilizer. Spread some around my little orchard before the rain. 10 trees, different varieties of apple and two pear. They are all dwarf trees. There are dwarf and super dwarf. Some call them semi dwarf and dwarf. Either way, mine aren't the smallest. The smallest ones need to be staked and wired in a row.
f232bca81890bf66a922ce5523dad88d.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Big sky day here !
7YfefhZ.jpg
Qb91im2.jpg

Spotted a couple of dead spruce beside last weekend's Sprucehole score :)

4A6Tli9.jpg

unfortunately the bigger of the 3 has a green top
JX3068v.jpg

A quick little load .
45 and sunny here so this is the first day since the start of burn season that I let the furnace die out this morning .
A load of spruce in the furnace now and I'm getting ready to light a match :)

Latest posts

Back