Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder if goats would take off when you fire the saw up. Cows don't. I cut a couple trees in a pasture and all the cows came over to watch. Set my idling saw down for a moment to wrestle some brush and when I turned around, a cow was licking it! The rest licked my truck, it was a mess by the time I got out of there.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
Cows do come running when the saw goes off, they know theres fresh greens being served, and plenty of salt too.
Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 9.25.19 PM.png

I heard last nite most all of the worlds tanker ships were full and were sitting waiting to find some buyers.
I'm currently saving up for one, wanna buy a husky, saving the stihls for the tanker :p.
I want to buy fuel futures - pay now and fill up later!

Philbert
Wanna go in on a tanker or two with me :happy:.

Reminds me of when we had one here a while back.
I was working on a garage roof for a buddy, the neighbor comes out and says, did you feel that, I said, feel what, he says the earthquake:crazy2:.
Have you ever looked up how many earthquakes happen over 2.5 in a month :surprised3:, I think it's around 2500-3k world wide, I'm just glad we don't get them bad here.
Glad your all okay, hope you get the chair back up okay.

Today’s scrounge. Relative decided they don’t want to burn wood anymore so I got the rest of it. Wonder how many years he’s been cutting wood with every piece being a different length[emoji23]

Cherry
Oka
Maple
And some unknown

6a20c4af60710c5bf72731539ae5a8c2.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
What's up neighbor.
Nice looking wood and racks. I think I've found a new use for all the trampoline frames I see laying around :).

What's up neighbor.
Nice looking wood and racks. I think I've found a new use for all the trampoline frames I see laying around :).

Hi Brett!

[emoji1303]
Thanks

Wanted a set of racks that would keep rounds off the ground when i could not get to my back yard when its to muddy. Im officially blocked from both sides of the woods. Its get stuck country back there.

The 2 racks hold an 8’bed truck load perfectly.

After enduring some very frustrating business conversations (don't ask), I found a little time to split some wood with the Fiskars. Actually did a good bit of it left handed today, which I have not done in a long while.

Some of the Shag Hickory was very stubborn today, so I mostly split the Red Oak and Black Birch (which split surprisingly well). Not a whole lot, but it got me outside and some exercise, and I knew Cowboy wanted to see the pics! (Was tough to keep my shadow out of it).

Attachments

• IMG_20200401_170113527_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200401_170113527_HDR.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20200401_170138534_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200401_170138534_HDR.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 18
The well-funded who could afford to lease (and can find one) a tanker and skeleton crew for a year could buy at current spot prices, purchase a futures contract to sell in a years time at the agreed and much higher price, fill a tanker, park it off some coastline somewhere, netting roughly $2m per tanker when they deliver in a years time and have fully paid up the lease.
Sounds better than filling my bathtub . . .

Philbert

After enduring some very frustrating business conversations (don't ask), I found a little time to split some wood with the Fiskars. Actually did a good bit of it left handed today, which I have not done in a long while.

Some of the Shag Hickory was very stubborn today, so I mostly split the Red Oak and Black Birch (which split surprisingly well). Not a whole lot, but it got me outside and some exercise, and I knew Cowboy wanted to see the pics! (Was tough to keep my shadow out of it).

I LOVE me some Fiskars time. Why split left handed? Practicing entering a room going right?

Hi Brett!

[emoji1303]
Thanks

Wanted a set of racks that would keep rounds off the ground when i could not get to my back yard when its to muddy. Im officially blocked from both sides of the woods. Its get stuck country back there.

The 2 racks hold an 8’bed truck load perfectly.

They look great, how did the boy take it when you told him the trampoline was getting confiscated :D.

Nice work Mike.
I see in your pictures you even went ambidextrous lol.
Sorry about the conversations not going so well.
I had some today that didn't go very well either, they were all with me and paperwork though :oops:. I went thru a lot and I now have enough paper that I took out of my file cabinets that I think I can just burn that to heat the house until summer:blob2:.
I found some interesting stuff in there.
Here's one that you'll like, blast from the past, back when my taxes were simple :).
Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 8.58.07 PM.png

They look great, how did the boy take it when you told him the trampoline was getting confiscated :D.

[emoji23][emoji23]

Got it from a guy at work 2 years ago. The boy actually JUST got a trampoline for is birthday. My knees and ankles recently reminded me why i stoped doing that stuff.

I LOVE me some Fiskars time. Why split left handed? Practicing entering a room going right?

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM
emoji231.png

Just to change it up. Always good to be coordinated both ways. Never know when you will hurt something and have to do things differently.

When I got some tennis elbow in my right arm a few years ago I was starting all my saws lefty!

I’ve been watching the snow melt, on the webcam in the nearest town. Thinking I’ll get up there soon and work on the wood, now we have three more days of snow forecast. Not much accumulation expected, but it’ll keep things cold enough to prevent melting of what’s already there.

Back