Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. It's the second one I've seen on Facebook this week. Someone beat me to the first one.

I get 95% of my wood off FB marketplace.
Seems like the settings are changing though. Now you can boost or sponsor your add to keep it toward the top, more viable to others for a small fee. Not a fan as now it seems like a lot of commercial stuff/dealers when looking for things like trucks etc.

. . . I was being a little facetious, but come on, some of these are ridiculous.
I haven’t seen that, maybe it’s unique to your area.
I see it All. The. Time.
Some people don't think the next part through, or they are afraid of scratching their guide bar. Whereas the Sorensen 'snedding' video I posted, above, instructs people to scratch paint off all over their saws.
Evergreens are dominant in parts of Europe, and this is part of their chainsaw competitions:

(starts around 1:25)

And:

Philbert

I’m about ready to go to my undisclosed location, as soon as they post tomorrow’s burn day status. I have piles to burn. You won’t hear from me for a few days, no phone or internet up there. I’ll bring a load back, plus I’ll have even more cut up and ready to haul away on future trips.

I’m about ready to go to my undisclosed location, as soon as they post tomorrow’s burn day status. I have piles to burn. You won’t hear from me for a few days, no phone or internet up there. I’ll bring a load back, plus I’ll have even more cut up and ready to haul away on future trips.
'If you fail to return, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions'?

Philbert

Aint ever seen s green bush, not even on St.Paddys
A guy up here who was one of the town drunks had painted his wang green on SPD. He laid it out on the bar to show everyone.

By the time he quit drinking he had been banned for life from several of the local watering holes.

I see it All. The. Time.
Some people don't think the next part through, or they are afraid of scratching their guide bar. Whereas the Sorensen 'snedding' video I posted, above, instructs people to scratch paint off all over their saws.
Evergreens are dominant in parts of Europe, and this is part of their chainsaw competitions:

(starts around 1:25)

And:

Philbert

I think this would be fun as hell.

Back before the saw groupies took the fun out of cant racing and I moved on from it, folks complemented my reaction times.

I just found myself on huztl. a clutch drum and rim sprocket for the ms180 and an air filter...ooh and a carb with a high and low speed adjust...why not...and a muffler just so, you know, incase I want to go back....and a muffler for the 365 while I'm here as well, if one saw get's a little pep, the other might get jealous so... £15. then postage doubled it...heck it better be worth it.

I understand the ms180 wants about one 3/8" hole in the muffler extra, by my maths that equates to about 2 1/4" holes. Can anybody tell me what the 365 would like?

IN the screen tent and lost a bar nut. Can’t even find it with the magnet.

I lost one once, thought it was lost for sure. Next time up, I was just walking and saw it. It was scraped on one side from when the Forest Service skid steer pushed wood debris over the side. I still have it on the saw with one side scraped.

A guy up here who was one of the town drunks had painted his wang green on SPD. He laid it out on the bar to show everyone.

By the time he quit drinking he had been banned for life from several of the local watering holes.
Had I done that in my twenties I'd be a rich man now!

I think this would be fun as hell.

Get a bit-brace, and a cr*p load of dowel rods. Or convince all your neighbors that their broom handles are too long.
I was revving a saw IN the screen tent and lost a bar nut. Can’t even find it with the magnet.
Find it with the lawn mower.

Philbert

so how do i use my saw to find the 2 bolts i lost from my mower?
Just cut a tree nearby. It will surely be there.

I was splitting a tree that used to hold a “private drive” sign in our road. Amazingly I missed the nails with the saw but found them when splitting.

We had a good trip up the mountains even though it was only for 2 nights got the tent set up before dark 4D67A81B-73AF-4DAF-82A6-8EB4E821BD9E.jpegC3A883E0-F17B-4EA5-B670-D3A54B1DCA68.jpeg435668D1-3CDA-4556-A3DF-EA3DECD79903.jpeg3D3010F9-F314-410C-82FE-CC1F20AC53E9.jpeg4F843ADD-ABDF-4CFC-B1B4-00F85DAB27B3.jpegB12FBEE6-C354-4CF9-B696-BF4D62405EC4.jpeg
Then the next morning went for a ride up Cattle Mountain to see what snow is left on the Minerate Mts because we are gonna take the horses and mules packing in for a fly fishing trip

Back