Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Much better pic. Looks ok to me. I think your bumper could go down a tad more. I dont normally mess with safety chain, but I'm pretty sure they should be at the same height.(?) Top angle looks good. I like to get a bit more of a point at the leading edge, but I'd say that's a matter of preference. Imo. Some one else smarter then me will chime in as well....

Much better pic. Looks ok to me. I think your bumper could go down a tad more. I dont normally mess with safety chain, but I'm pretty sure they should be at the same height.(?) Top angle looks good. I like to get a bit more of a point at the leading edge, but I'd say that's a matter of preference. Imo. Some one else smarter then me will chime in as well....
Look close at the raker Sean.

Did @chipper1 do that for you? :laughing::popcorn2: Looks like crap to me, but I like Husqvarna saws.
Hey now.
Me too, but I wouldn't even try to make a stihl cut that bad :laugh: .
Most everyone around here runs Stihl chains on their hooskies. Brett wanted to make a chain for it since it was one of his favorite saws,a Farmboss. :laugh:
They don't know what a good chain is, look at that one:lol:.
First thing I do is cut those shark fins off :yes:.
I think that it looked better in the less good photo!

Philbert
:laughing:
Wouldn't cut for crap even after I hit the teeth with a file. I think the anti kickback links were keeping the teeth from digging in.
Rookie!
Send me that chain, I'll make it cut for my favorite farmboss lol.
Must be a Stihl chain?:popcorn2:
Operator ;).
Something tells me that anti-kickback humped-up chain might be sitting backwards on the bar.
No, but I've seen those pictures of the stihl guy sitting on them backwards :cry:.
Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 9.23.15 PM.png

Scrounged some trigger time. Wind was ugly
Nice, was thinking about you a couple days ago.
Went to buy a pressure washer and the guy was a long distance shooter, he had a 500yd range at his house for practice, he normally does 1000 or mile. We had a nice discussion.

Back