Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting Re-Use

I posted a cheap, Wal-mart dome tent on CraigsList. Bought it a garage sale, never used it, and just wanted to get my $10 back. Guy who bought it told me he was going to use it as a spray paint booth in his garage: cheaper than the $50 that Rockler wants for theirs. I always used a corrugated box.

Philbert

MRI tomorrow 8:30. I hope to hear something good shortly. I get out of bed in the morning and can't stand to take a step on my right leg. Left leg hurts also but bearable if I don't twist it wrong. Usually by the time breakfast is done and I've read the paper the right leg is back in action or with only minor pain, left leg residual pain at about a 2 level. Right one was still hurtn a bit by noon but I saddled up and split/stacked two trailer loads. Right leg quit bother after I had moved a few chunks. I guess I can survive and still get some wooding done if they can't fix it.

MRI tomorrow 8:30. I hope to hear something good shortly. I get out of bed in the morning and can't stand to take a step on my right leg. Left leg hurts also but bearable if I don't twist it wrong. Usually by the time breakfast is done and I've read the paper the right leg is back in action or with only minor pain, left leg residual pain at about a 2 level. Right one was still hurtn a bit by noon but I saddled up and split/stacked two trailer loads. Right leg quit bother after I had moved a few chunks. I guess I can survive and still get some wooding done if they can't fix it.

Praying you get that all straightened out brother.

A local lady had asked me if I could cut her some "log slices". I told her to come over and point at a log and I would slice away. I was all excited to fire up a saw. She points out about a 3" diameter branch. Sigh. Carried it in to the compound miter saw and buzzed off her mini cookies. At least I got some chocolate chip cookies in return [emoji1787]

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

I was picking up a couple hunting items the other day, on the guys desk he had one of those small cookies, it was a coaster. I asked to see it because it was so small and thin, I wonder if they just put a cookie right into epoxy as it didn't have any stress cracks, that or if it wasn't really wood but just looked like wood.
Last yr I cut some cherry up for a friend, she had a bunch of gals over and painted them the same night I brought them out, I wasn't sure how they would turn out. They ended up looking great I think.
Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 8.36.53 PM.png
Here's one I don't know if I posted, pretty funny though.
Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 11.21.55 PM.png

Stihl tick season here. :dumb2: :wtf: Sitting here at the laptop this morning. and felt something hit my arm. Little bastige. Mrs FS had one attached to her leg last week. She had a Dr appt. scheduled and the doc gave her some antibiotics and she has to go for a lyme test in 3 weeks. We have had some subfreezing temps but I guess it doesn't matter.
20201123_054414.jpg

Back