Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worked on a new to me firewood tractor a WD45 wide front end ,got it from me nephew. Needed some thing the Kabota has the 7 'plow on front and 7' blower on back, and I do not like taking the blower on and off. He came over a few days ago and saw me with the old atv and small trailer hauling wood and said I could have the WD45 but I needed to put a battery in it and fix a gas leak. Tomorrow Tractor supply for a new sediment bowl gasket and a o ring for the valve .Runs good will bring it home tomorrow, and get picks
Yes I ate to much and had the good old NAP..
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Been in hunting camp for a week. I’m so far behind I can’t catch up. My guys went 3 for 3. My BIL got a nice 7 pointer, my buddy and I both got spikes. I’ve been teasing my cousin about being Covid paranoid. His son slept in a tent out side of his trailer, and his nephew was going to drive 2 1/2 hours each way to hunt, and then go home the same day. His nephew called Sunday and said he was bailing out, didn’t feel well. I figured he just didn’t want to drive 5 hours just to hunt 6-8 hours. I was wrong, Monday, he and his wife tested positive.

Had a great day with chipper1. He shared some good wisdom with me on filing chain and felling, and he let me run some SWEET saws. Now I seem to have a need for more 70cc goodness.

I was surprised by this though when I saw it...

4534EC89-F892-4EEC-976B-8E8E850D51D4.jpeg

Haha!! Sorry brother, I couldn't resist!!

Should have took more pics, but we were too busy jawing. Just good times with new good friends.

Since all of my kids are American, we celebrate both Thanksgivings here in Canada. Love a turkey dinner, and leftovers. A pot of soup stock is simmering while I fry myself some leftover mashed potatoes. After I fuel up, I will haul a stack of splits up on the deck by the door.
890198eb58ecf7e3e071416ca4fb03c7.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Had a great day with chipper1. He shared some good wisdom with me on filing chain and felling, and he let me run some SWEET saws. Now I seem to have a need for more 70cc goodness.

I was surprised by this though when I saw it...

View attachment 870586

Haha!! Sorry brother, I couldn't resist!!

Should have took more pics, but we were too busy jawing. Just good times with new good friends.
Had a great time :).
He leaves that on top so people think there is zero value in the truck and don't break in and steal the good saws.
Exactly.
I was always taught to leave a little something under the counter so to speak :cool:.
It's on top so he can grab the best saw first. :rock2: Right @MustangMike ?
:lol:
Ask him which ones got ran ;).
The chain on the 261 was pretty trashed, last time I used it was flush cutting a stump, filed it tow or three times during that one stump, I was done filing that chain for a while!
It is a good saw though. Glad stihl started putting angled handlebars on them, spring AV, better air filtration, much more like a husky, they really got a good thing going for them now:rock::laughing:. Now if they can get rid of those flippy caps and get them in all orange, maybe even a different shade of orange :).

Got down in the woods to give black betty a good test. Split up the ash that @chipper1 And I bucked up yesterday And find another decent little Ash that was already on the ground and cut it up too.

Ole black Betty handled it just fine, she was squatting pretty good, but pulled perfect. I love that I can take my splitter down at the same time now. Thanks again brother, I'm real happy with this trailer.

Now to split up the sugar maple I bucked up last week and get everything stacked.

845FFDD9-042C-451F-9973-FA24E1A6660A.jpegCFACD96B-D839-4D3E-B233-2728BAAB032C.jpeg1C660D4E-9CB0-4988-9482-6BB82BC60E42.jpegE226CFC6-D93F-4D99-99AC-5809F1ECEBC7.jpeg2855F615-5AF9-4D37-BD16-88312FE4A8FD.jpeg

The more I run the rattler 254, the more she's waking up. I really like this saw. Can't wait to see how she is after 5-10 more tanks.

Stopped along the road to take this picture, the 2 cars that went by both ask if we needed help, there’s still good people out there : )

Anytime there's a Ford on the side road, people get nervous, like the world's going to end or something. :)

Granted it was warm out, earlier this year I was changing a tire on my little runaround car, was on a backroad probably thirty minutes each way from town. 6 vehicles passed, not a single one stopped. Was near the stop sign as well, so they had to slow down or just be picking up speed anyway.

My buddy said "I'm sure it's because you look so competent." :D

Latest posts

Back