Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw some deer yesterday but nothing legal to shoot. The small buck came into my call and made a scrape about 6 steps from the bottom of my treestand. Today is the first time we are able to hunt deer on Sunday.
View attachment 870745

Tomorrow is opening day for gun season here in Ohio. I'm excited to get out and hunt. For my feeder out way earlier than normal, and they've been hammering the corn. Went through 800lbs already, and just picked up another 1000lbs. They seem to go through 250-300lbs/week.

Good luck!!

My deer got me back . Rushing on butchering yesterday .View attachment 870836
2 years ago I did something similar while skinning a deer. I was pulling the hide off while I was holding my knife in my right hand. I ended up making a 11 stitch cut in the palm of my left hand just below the thumb. Dumb move and I knew better, but nothing like experience to remind you to lay the knife down if your going to be pulling hide off when skinning.

Got down in the woods to give black betty a good test. Split up the ash that @chipper1 And I bucked up yesterday And find another decent little Ash that was already on the ground and cut it up too.

Ole black Betty handled it just fine, she was squatting pretty good, but pulled perfect. I love that I can take my splitter down at the same time now. Thanks again brother, I'm real happy with this trailer.

Now to split up the sugar maple I bucked up last week and get everything stacked.

View attachment 870660View attachment 870661View attachment 870662View attachment 870663View attachment 870664

The more I run the rattler 254, the more she's waking up. I really like this saw. Can't wait to see how she is after 5-10 more tanks.
Man, that's a nice load.
Don't try to keep up with @Logger nate , that's all softwood he's hauling lol.
Looks like it's working well for your setup. Was the tractor pulling a wheelie up the hill :p.

Saw some deer yesterday but nothing legal to shoot. The small buck came into my call and made a scrape about 6 steps from the bottom of my treestand. Today is the first time we are able to hunt deer on Sunday.
View attachment 870745
That's cool Steve, too bad he wasn't a bit bigger.
I was going to scrounge up another splitter last night on my way home from the inlaws and I was the first to arrive on the scene where a woman nailed a nice sized spike with her car, she was only a foot from hitting a telephone pole when she stopped :surprised3:. After I made sure everyone was okay I walked over to where the deer was because I thought I heard it moving, sure enough it was. I would have shot it for an office if he wanted(less paperwork for him), but I wasn't doing anything til then. Neighbor came walking down and was going to look for the deer, I told him where it was and he walked over, bang, he shot it with a pistol lol. I had to leave to meet the guy with the splitter at a gas station, but I let @U&A know it was down as it was only a mile from his place, he was busy on a domestic assignment though :).
Some venison jerky sure sounds good :sweet:.

That video is awesome Nate.
How high will that drone fly, does it track the truck.
Is the husky riding inside :).
Thanks buddy, I’ll let my brother know, it’s his handy work, he does great! It will go to 1600’ but not supposed to go over 500’ so you don’t interfere with planes. Not sure if it will or not, my brother was flying it fallowing my son for the video. A dolmar rides in the mail truck.

Man, that's a nice load.
Don't try to keep up with @Logger nate , that's all softwood he's hauling lol.
Looks like it's working well for your setup. Was the tractor pulling a wheelie up the hill :p.

She was squatted good. Got another load today of green elm and sugar maple. She was squatting even more!

1AC55267-6AC1-4982-9D76-2E3267318079.jpeg

Why you hanging upside down like that :laugh:.
Looks like a nice time!
Sh!t happens!!. I shot that bear with my ruger 44 carbine. I tried to convince SVK to let me aquire Zoggers old ruger 44 carbine and I would have used it to get that bear. Alas, the Zogger carbine went back to Minnesota.

Sh!t happens!!. I shot that bear with my ruger 44 carbine. I tried to convince SVK to let me aquire Zoggers old ruger 44 carbine and I would have used it to get that bear. Alas, the Zogger carbine went back to Minnesota.
I was thinking of you today when I cased it up. Having a hell of a time finding ammo for it! And I’ve only got a little bit of 44 in reserve for self defense.

Have a friend looking at some gun shops down in the cities tomorrow.

I was thinking of you today when I cased it up. Having a hell of a time finding ammo for it! And I’ve only got a little bit of 44 in reserve for self defense.

Have a friend looking at some gun shops down in the cities tomorrow.

Whatcha looking for, .44mag? I can peek here as well.

I think I gave dies for .44, have to look. Was gonna reload for a Ruger Blackhawk I had, but ended up trading it off for a Glock, lol

Fast weekend here. Went to the cabin last night and spent 5 hours cleaning inside the cabin today to close things down for the winter. Ok, I did do some cast iron seasoning too while I was cleaning.

FA94CC52-6196-4989-AA73-DBCFD504BB15.jpeg

My son wanted to ice fish so we set out some tip ups when I got home. Had 4 flags but no fish. Assuming a walleye grabbed the minnow then dropped it.
8676BE30-9E7A-4300-A901-E78AF31A3AC6.jpeg

Whatcha looking for, .44mag? I can peek here as well.

I think I gave dies for .44, have to look. Was gonna reload for a Ruger Blackhawk I had, but ended up trading it off for a Glock, lol
I’m currently looking for 44 mag and 380 auto. Would prefer hollow point for both but anything would work at this point.

Back