Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I have noiced-
When liberals don't like the facts that you are speaking, they give you negative label; something -ist or -phobe. Doing so, in their minds, makes you a lesser person who is unworthy of their attention, and they are now justified in dismissinig anything you say. In their minds, they have won the argument. Then they shout you down to keep your speech from being heard by others. Whether in person or on social(ist) media... they disagree, label you an -ist or -phobe, then shut you down. They can't have people offering alternate ideas, nor can they allow people to think for themselves.
Nailed it.

Thank you for posting about Scrounging Firewood,, I am tired of scrolling past posts about politics, or homphobic racism.
Maybe you should add something positive to the thread, since the last time you posted here was over 6yrs ago and you were talking about girls underwear(gunny is that you?).
Oh wait you're the guy we were talking about who won't bring a proverbial stick to the fire, now I see why you're so insulted, much of the conversation hits home.

Or they call in their friends to gang up on you and hope that nobody has your back.
And before posting the video on the interwebs, they carefully edit the video and remove the 10 minutes of their taunting and (physical) cheap shots that lead up to you beating the tar out of them, or finally pulling your side arm. "Look how intolerant and violent conservatives are..."

I'm burning elm right now. Got a couple cords for free from a giant tree my cousin had taken down. It was all blocked up, all I had to do was load it up and bring it home, split and stack. I haven't put the moisture meter on it but it sounds like two ball bats when you smack the pieces together. -11°C this morning but nice inside Casa Jefe!

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Kinda firewood related.

I found a portable sawmill service that’ll mill my logs for me, on the west side of Fresno. He says he doesn’t operate as a portable service anymore, but I can bring the logs to him. His address was listed about 20 miles from my mountain place, in an area that burned. He said he’s $100 per hour, and my 12 foot oak logs would take 1 or 2 hours each, depending on how small I want the pieces. He would also take some of the wood as payment instead. I think I will just pay for the oak to be milled, so I get all of it. After that I want to take him cedar, that I can just give him a portion. We have ten big cedar trees we can have milled.

A guy near me posts on Craig's List that he'll bandsaw mill your logs with his Wood Miser for $60/hr. I like his prices better than California prices.

I think everything costs more here, we’ll except for Hawaii.

I found a portable sawmill service that’ll mill my logs for me . . .His address was listed about 20 miles from my mountain place,
I'd bet that he would have a lot of firewood to scrounge!
One of the problems we had with mills was the EAB restrictions, which limited transport of firewood. But if he is close by, that could be a nice resource.

Philbert

A guy near me posts on Craig's List that he'll bandsaw mill your logs with his Wood Miser for $60/hr. I like his prices better than California prices.
My last job the boss was giving me a hard time about something, joking he called me a diva, I said what did you expect, you got me off a Craigslist ad :ices_rofl:. Bummer when he got bumped out of his position by another guy, that guy was as low as they get. He ran another one of our locations into the ground on purpose(that came out later), he also ran our location down bad, then when his no comp ran out he took a bunch of our guys and went back to his families business.

LOL! I know there are a couple less existing a little north of Steve and than a couple less a little east of Steve.
So there's an "idea" that there's a couple less ;).
Back off topic, I missed a chipmunk a couple weekends ago with a 223. It was on the back side of my burn pile, when I went to look to see if I got it, I could see the bullet veered off because I hit a branch. I need to pick up a .50 for those brush shots lol.

So there's an "idea" that there's a couple less ;).
Back off topic, I missed a chipmunk a couple weekends ago with a 223. It was on the back side of my burn pile, when I went to look to see if I got it, I could see the bullet veered off because I hit a branch. I need to pick up a .50 for those brush shots lol.
My varmint gun is a .177 breakbarrel Ruger. Ammo is cheap and its lethal on small game. 20181125_151447.jpg

There really are two Minnesota's. What the metro area has turned into makes most of us out state folks sick. We'd be fine if they walled it off and became their own state.

Ditto NYC
Beat me to it Uncle Mike, you can build a 12 foot wall around the city, I’d be fine with that!

Back