Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i like romaine. usually just get a big bag of them at Sam's. not bad. can grow it down here, romaine varieties. like: Cesar. ok, taste. got a Cesar growing out in garden currently. doing ok, so far! have had romaine from a home garden in PNW... and it was very tasty. sweet with a nice lettuce flavor. never had it grilled.

i like iceberg lettuce steaks; w/Ranch
View attachment 898876

Cut cabbage in thick slices like that. Drizzle in olive oil, salt, pepper. Broil. Add parmesan. Its amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two different pics, saws, scenarios.
266 vibrated loose the bar nuts completely off. Should have removed the washers and tightened nuts down.

262 I was excited to get a hold
of a coveted Black Locust. Pinched bar.

The old server was so much easier to add/insert/ and edit posts.
No damage to the saws though right?

Damn huge black locust! Haven’t seen one that big before. Also damn that’s a serious pinched bar! lol. Great idea to take the bar off, wouldn’t have thought of that actually. I had a few pinched bars, got them out with my Fiskars axe lol. Probably not a smart thing to do though. Also why it’s a good excuse to have multiple saws I guess. How the hell did you get the bar out?

No damage to the saws though right?
Saws were good.
Pics were at least four years ago? Learned a lot since then.

I think it’s just the teacher mindset to always learn. I soak up EVERYTHING I can here and enjoy sharing my trials and tribulations and hopefully encourage others like Ambull01.

Damn huge black locust! Haven’t seen one that big before. Also damn that’s a serious pinched bar! lol. Great idea to take the bar off, wouldn’t have thought of that actually. I had a few pinched bars, got them out with my Fiskars axe lol. Probably not a smart thing to do though. Also why it’s a good excuse to have multiple saws I guess. How the hell did you get the bar out?

Pinched bar is one of the reasons I always have at least two saws with me and also spare bars and chains. I once had 3 chains/bars stuck in the same tree. That is also one of the reasons I switched to Stihl saws, the inboard clutch, easy to dismount the power head.

Supper puppy decided she wanted to help a bit this morning, then I fired the saw up and she wanted back in the house lol. Making progress on the pile, albeit slower then I'd like. Wife was out picking through the zogger wood, looking for some twigs to make coasters out of. Think she settled on some beach, and a poplar twig. I have a whole cart full of jogger wood, wife asked why I bothered with the little stuff? I told her I need to saw the wood to length either way, this stuff I dont have to split. She agreed, she like the little 3" and under stuff, easier for her to handle.
And a question.
Any idea what kind of wood this is? Had it dropped off by a buddy. Bright yellow inside.

Attachments

• 20210406_090323.jpg
    20210406_090323.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 20
  • 20210406_081211.jpg
    20210406_081211.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 18
I took the "cheap" approach when we were looking for our house. At the time I was clearing close to 100k a year. I knew it wouldnt last forever. Paid 106k for our house, and just like I guessed, I had to find another job, making 32k a year. That sucked, especially when this covid crap hit. Found a new job, much better pay and less aggravation. I show up, do my job, go home, collect my check and fix my old junk. Our old fleet is starting to show its age and high mileage. Been having a lot of issues. If I had to pay someone to fix them we'd be flat broke, and living in a box under an over pass. Never know how people swing big payments, or how banks just throw money at people so they can have the new stuff.
I did much the same. Took 10 years to be a service manager and service tech. Pay wasn't great as we were a small shop but it was what I wanted to do. Life changed and money became more important so I got back into finance.

I think it shows your character more than anything. We can't find help right now. People don't want to work the 45-60k jobs. Nobody wants to work 1.5x extra hours. The business I am in is currently booming and we know it won't last forever. If you ever move to MN hit me up we always have places for hard workers.

I did much the same. Took 10 years to be a service manager and service tech. Pay wasn't great as we were a small shop but it was what I wanted to do. Life changed and money became more important so I got back into finance.

I think it shows your character more than anything. We can't find help right now. People don't want to work the 45-60k jobs. Nobody wants to work 1.5x extra hours. The business I am in is currently booming and we know it won't last forever. If you ever move to MN hit me up we always have places for hard workers.
I'd be out of Pa in a heartbeat, but the wife and family keeps me here. Her family has a big ranch in Montana. I'd love to move out, she wont have it.

Always looking for its next meal???
No, shes actually a picky eater. Does good job on the ground pigs though. Shes a puppy at heart, but being 7 years old she Peter's out quick. Darn bum would rather lounge in her kennel then be out with me anymore. She does perk up a good bit when the kids are out. Dont know if well get another after her for a wile. Tough to follow this one up.

Supper puppy decided she wanted to help a bit this morning, then I fired the saw up and she wanted back in the house lol. Making progress on the pile, albeit slower then I'd like. Wife was out picking through the zogger wood, looking for some twigs to make coasters out of. Think she settled on some beach, and a poplar twig. I have a whole cart full of jogger wood, wife asked why I bothered with the little stuff? I told her I need to saw the wood to length either way, this stuff I dont have to split. She agreed, she like the little 3" and under stuff, easier for her to handle.
And a question.
Any idea what kind of wood this is? Had it dropped off by a buddy. Bright yellow inside.
Looks like mulberry Sean. It will turn a dark brown after sitting a bit.

Then why do you call her supper puppy? She doesn’t eat any other time of the day? :barbecue:
So my first dog back on the farm I was too little to know a dog by anything other then puppy. Fast forward to getting gretchen. Old habits die hard, I still call her puppy 90% of the time. Shes never eaten a lot, she eats to live not lives to eat. Now cat crap she can eat all day lol.

Where did you get the cute little box of beer?
Well I don't recall ever seeing a case of bottles of Modelo in stores around here. Could have gone for a case of cans, but it seems to taste better from a bottle and that's what I wanted after I saw the post earlier. When I buy cheap beer for volume its a case or 30 pack of cans though if that makes you feel better.

Well went and looked at this trailer with my uncle today. Decided on the 14 foot dump. Felt kinda bad. I'm half broke with good credit. Hes got the money to pay for it, but no credit. So I ended up having to take the loan out in my name for it.
Edit: forgot to add the picture.
20210406_163849.jpg

Latest posts

Back