Scrounging in the Boise area?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We’ll be moving to Star come late Feb/March so wondered if there are any tips on finding trees to cut up. I have a great source here in Cali but can’t take it with me :p
Once you get settled, go to the nearest Forest Service office (Boise National Forest) and inquire about a firewood permit. Be sure and ask about/follow all restrictions & regulations. Get a map while you're there.

Idaho too now? I thought it was just Washington... ;)
Yeah pretty crazy, people are offering higher than asking price for homes as soon as they come on the market. 15+ minutes at times to get on the Hwy from any side road. 9 fatalities between McCall and Boise (98 miles) so far, average used to be 1 a year:confused:. At least once a week I have to hit the brakes and pull over to avoid a head on:mad:

Yeah pretty crazy, people are offering higher than asking price for homes as soon as they come on the market. 15+ minutes at times to get on the Hwy from any side road. 9 fatalities between McCall and Boise (98 miles) so far, average used to be 1 a year:confused:. At least once a week I have to hit the brakes and pull over to avoid a head on:mad:

Seemed like even 10-15 years ago the Boise, Nampa, Meridian, Caldwell, etc area was seeing a large influx of people from Cali.
I was trying to find a friend's place one day and ended up in the high-falutin sub division.
Had an older Dodge diesel "farm truck" and you'd think I had been driving around with dead kittens and puppies stapled to the truck with all the looks I got.

Back