Sears 28cc Brushcutter 358.797490 or 234.795490 manufacturer?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Lyngdal

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Picked up a Sears 28cc brushcutter for $12.50 for a rebuild project. The fuel lines are gone, but the rest of it seems to be in decent shape. Just plan on getting it running and gifting it to a neighbor. Needs an air filter and likely a carb rebuild, but need to know who the real manufacturer was. I'm guessing Poulan, but if so which model?

John

I have one of these and tried to get it running this past weekend. Wouldnt run, looks like fuel delivery issue, so I tried to remove the carb to clean out but couldnt see how to remove it. Does the cylinder block need to be split to remove? Any advice on how to remove and rebuild tips? Thanks! Dave Satre; Randolph Ctr VT.
Here's a picture of the unit from a manual I spotted on eBay, should that help someone identify the Poulan base model.
View attachment 642777

Picked up a Sears 28cc brushcutter for $12.50 for a rebuild project. The fuel lines are gone, but the rest of it seems to be in decent shape. Just plan on getting it running and gifting it to a neighbor. Needs an air filter and likely a carb rebuild, but need to know who the real manufacturer was. I'm guessing Poulan, but if so which model?

John
You don’t like you neighbour?
jk😉

Back