Seasoning - Split vs unsplit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EngineerDude

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've got a dozen or so 5-foot long red maple logs, ranging from 20-24 inch diameter, that I ran out of summer on. Other priorities got in the way of getting these cut/split/stacked, so it's next spring's business. I'm looking for info on drying time. Is doing the cut/split stack in the spring going to yield wood that can be burned effectively next winter?

Looking for links, resources, etc. that provide recommendations and insight based on experience.

at least cut them to length that you burn then stack in the sun and wind with a cover over the top, it won't hurt to split them at least once either.

oh yes

I've got a dozen or so 5-foot long red maple logs, ranging from 20-24 inch diameter, that I ran out of summer on. Other priorities got in the way of getting these cut/split/stacked, so it's next spring's business. I'm looking for info on drying time. Is doing the cut/split stack in the spring going to yield wood that can be burned effectively next winter?

Looking for links, resources, etc. that provide recommendations and insight based on experience.

Dude dude dude. You gots some saws, you need to have a GTG and start making some plates bro... lmfao :cheers: :rock:

Those plates dry in about 2 days near a hot farrrrrrr...

Back