Secondary Burn

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're taking about Cap and Trade it still limits the release of pollutants into the atmosphere.The loops holes are there to protect polluters who have trouble meeting the standards. Never said the EPA was perfect.

No it is not Cap and Trade. They outright sell the ability to major corporations to pollute more than typically allotted for normal companies. There is not a large number of these sales but they are still in place. Nobody ever claimed you said the EPA was perfect but the fact is they are a government agency and therefore inherently corrupted by money. Big dollars will get them the right to be exempt from the standards set for all of us normal people. That is where my problem with many things government begins.

hot rod, did a article, about this very thing about 5 yrs ago....seems this air polluting corp, would buy your "polluting" car from you, for 200 smacks, to get "air" credits[what a scam], then CRUSH the car right there on the property!!! so hot rod,, met some folks,, before they got on the jackasses property...they bought a 66 stang,,and a 67 maro,,for that 200 clams each.... they took em to where they work on em,, did a major tuneup, and both passed emissions testing, with flying colors!!! corporations don't lie,,, why, who ever think such??? and the gov is in on the scam...spose they resold those ca cars for much??? uh huh.... gov lying to the public,,, AGAIN!!!

Neither car would pass a modern emission test and both cars would be exempt from testing and I doubt anyone would sell a 67 Camaro or 66 Mustang for 200 bucks.

I assume you may be talking about this one:

http://www.hotrod.com/cars/featured/1501-1967-chevrolet-chevelle-saved-from-the-crusher/

or this one.

http://www.hotrod.com/events/coverage/hrdp-1105-crusher-camaro-road-trip/

However in this case the chevelle had no engine, had been tubbed and needed everything. Hardly something that just needed a tuneup. The camaro was completely rebuilt with a different engine.

hot rod, did a article, about this very thing about 5 yrs ago....seems this air polluting corp, would buy your "polluting" car from you, for 200 smacks, to get "air" credits[what a scam], then CRUSH the car right there on the property!!! so hot rod,, met some folks,, before they got on the jackasses property...they bought a 66 stang,,and a 67 maro,,for that 200 clams each.... they took em to where they work on em,, did a major tuneup, and both passed emissions testing, with flying colors!!! corporations don't lie,,, why, who ever think such??? and the gov is in on the scam...spose they resold those ca cars for much??? uh huh.... gov lying to the public,,, AGAIN!!!
Umm, yeahhhh, OK. So you got a link to this "article"? Referencing something you heard from your buddy at the coffee shop doesn't count.

If you're taking about Cap and Trade it still limits the release of pollutants into the atmosphere.The loops holes are there to protect polluters who have trouble meeting the standards. Never said the EPA was perfect.

I work for a coal fired electric generation site owned by the City. We have discussed the Cap and Trade issue at length. It picks an arbitrary amount of pollutants given off by the boiler and sets the allowable limit at say 60% of that amount. (where do they get these figures? out of thin air) Anything over that and you have to purchase credits from someone else or the open market. Yes there will be a trading venue for these. If you don't want t0 purchase credits you can spend millions or in some cases hundreds of millions to try and reduce your emissions. In the meantime all these costs are passed onto the consumer. The fines (credits ) are nothing more than a punitive fine. It is not used by the government for research to try and develop a cleaner means of production (unless you consider things like the Solyndra debacle as a credible attempt to actually make a cleaner substitute). And if you consider that there are a lot of us, including more and more scientist, who argue that climate change is a pipe dream then what is this all for; more control of the economy by the government.

We were also told that a certain amount of these credits would be extended to 3rd world countries that sign onto the climate change , one world agenda, United Nations global exchange program. Most don't even have the type of boilers under review here in the US. But they get credits to sell on the open market...;)

There rant over, I feel a little better....I think..:dumb2:

Back