Seeking advice on woodsplitter for home using 16 cord annually

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap..almost $650 a month to heat with gas , I didn’t even think it got cold in NC.

I am at a higher altitude than most residences in N.C.
We get the first snow by Halloween and last snow in April.
Propane will never match radiant heat in my opinion.

What about adding waste oil burner to unit? Wood think be easy picking up used oil. And lot less work than 16 cord a year

Waste oil is often more trouble than its worth. Unless you have total control of the product( draining, collection, storage) contamination is a real problem. It also needs indoor storage for the conditions described as well as permits for storage of large volumes.

What about adding waste oil burner to unit? Wood think be easy picking up used oil. And lot less work than 16 cord a year

I really don’t have a problem burning that amount of wood, nor does it bother me to spend the money on a splitter that won’t break my back or waste my time. It will have a nice shed to live in.

I do plan on adding a mini-split heat pump to the garage and eventually the house to supplement heating and dehumidification in the summer (I don’t have AC as we only have a few days in the 80’s). I installed a high efficiency mini-split on my previous home and it worked well down to 0 degrees.

Latest posts

Back